What's new

Geo F. Trumper Spanish Leather

Pros: Smells great!
Cons: None
There is something very comforting about the smell of this scent, not only does it make me smell great but it makes me feel good too.

Would recommend anyone to try it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice smooth and slightly sweet leather
Cons: None
This is a very nice leather that is lightly sweet and enjoyable to wear. I grew up using English Leather which I loved, this was a half century ago so I suspect the newly produced English Leather is not the same. I compared the GFT Spanish Leather to the T&H Spanish Leather and like the GFT version better. It also seems to have better staying power and silage. Definitely a masculine scent. If you like English Leather you will like the GFT Spanish, it's a bit lighter than the English, which may be a good thing.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
good for crisp, autumn days. smells nice, but wouldn't wear this one regularly
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
A nice clean opening that quickly dries down into a very linear "soapy" leather scent. Those describing it as a saddle soap leather are spot on. Reminds me of actually using saddle soap to treat leather strops and the scent of this process matches very well with what GFT has done here. The entire scent is very clean and very light on leather with soap and powdery undertones. Whereas Knize 10 is a blast you in your face leather scent, GFT Spanish leather is on the opposite end of the spectrum.

It really expels a classic english barbershop vibe and overall is a rather enjoyable scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
What the hell?

Seriously....what the hell?

THIS is a leather scent?! I got this in a Trumper sampler because I wanted to try it before I pulled the trigger on T&H's version, since the general consensus is that it's superior. But.....um.....I'll take the T&H, thanks. Atr least that smells like leather and soap to me. THIS is just....yuck. Like if someone got the idea in their head to mix Old Spice and British Sterling. Sweet, cloying, VERY barbershoppy (in a bad way)....fine if you like that sort of thing I guess. But it's definitely NOT what I expected.
If Eucris is Trumper's answer to James Bond, then their Spanish Leather is Jack Palance. This is a rugged manly scent of worn saddles, dusters, and hardened men. Not to go all J. Peterman but there really is something that this smell brings to mind. Something of a time gone by. It's a little too pricy and it doesn't last much more past early afternoon but that's the same for all Trumper's colognes/EDTs. The quality and packaging are also top notch.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Really don't like this stuff. The soapy scent really irritated my nose. It was overpowering and stuck to my clothes. Having invested a lot of money on this cologne I really wanted to like it. The bottle has been gathering dust on my shelf for years, every now and then I would go back to it and be reminded why I dislike it so much. My wife can't stand the smell, and even my old dad didn't want it. I found out the hard way that leather cologne isn't for me, so would advise anyone considering a purchase to try a sample first. Hey, you might love it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Geez. Maybe it's just my skin chemistry, but the application of this stuff on my skin immediately brought a familiar and unpleasant scent to mind. I couldn't place it for hell, then it dawned on me. Flea shampoo. This stuff makes me smell like a dog that's just been bathed in flea shampoo. I tried it a few times, regretted it each time. The scent itself gives me a headache. T&H any day of the week.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I wasn't too impressed with Spanish Leather. Somehow, it seemed a little "Division B", and was quite simple and up-front. Perhaps that's just personal taste.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I was expecting it to be "old man-ish", but it isn't. This is a clean, masculine, distinguished yet humble scent. Good for casual or formal occasions. . . lasts a long while on me with a nice dry down. :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
The jury is still out for me on this one. It's pleasant, soapy and comforting. As someone else noted, my wife finds this one "old-mannish" and that doesn't endear Spanish Leather to me. I'm going to give it a few more tries once the weather cools to see if it changes my mind. The T&H version is spicier and may be a bit more interesting for my taste.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
If I could only wear one fragrance for the rest of my life, this might be it. In my opinion GFT Spanish Leather is one of those scents that smells good on just about anybody and is appropriate in almost any situation. The only time I won't wear it is if it's really hot outside. This is a fragrance that manages to be simple and complex, all at the same time. It is billed as a leather scent but I never really get that. In fact, I have a hard time picking out any individual notes. It is spicy, yet sweet; deep, yet straightforward. I'm not even sure how I'd go about describing it to someone who had never smelled it before. This is another fragrance that I prefer in A/S strength, makes it easier to control the intensity. A small dab works during the warmer months, a bigger splash when it is cooler. Can't recommend it enough.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I really like this scent, its subtle, warm, spicey and slightly sweet. It's a very traditional sort of smell, classy but not "posh", like perhaps what a country gentleman might wear. I find it very pleasant, however, my wife says it smells like her Grandad, so I rarely use it. Sigh...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
I love this scent. Had a sample of it a few months ago. Didn't like it a first but the more I used it the more I liked it.

Once my budget isn't so tight I'll be purchasing a full size bottle.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
My favorite leather scent. Good review!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Various manufacturers of leathers perfume their products. The smells we associate with leather come largely from these added perfumes, and not from the animal skin itself. It is our memories, and our previous associations with these leather products, that helps each of us identify a “leather” scent.

Trumper has one of the most pleasing “leather” colognes. The manufacturer describes it as “A stimulating warm, woody fragrance with subtle notes of geranium, rose, clove bud, musk and patchouli.” I find it reminiscent of a clean, old, well worn saddle. It has a little “soapy” note that offsets the “leather” and gives it some sophistication. I enjoy wearing a little of this when I’m wearing my leather vest.

The splash-on after shave has considerable longevity. It is fairly subtle though, so it is not too dangerous to splash it on. My bottle is “after shave” strength, but a cologne version is also marketed. One might have to exercise a bit more restraint with the cologne version.

The discussion thread for this review is here. If you don't want to rate the product please post in the discussion thread so as not to skew the review scores.
Top Bottom