What's new

Geo F Trumper - Skye

Pros: Long lasting (on me, YMMV)
Cons: Price
I am surprised no one has noticed the similarity of Skye to Tabac!

My explanation for the ratings;

6 for price cos it is about 4X the price/ml of Tabac.

8 for quality since it seems to be a well constructed fragrance.

10 for packaging, Trumpers scents are packaged in classy bottles (unless you buy the plastic splash bottle).

9 for scent, I love Tabac, nuff said.

6 for complexity, it does not seem to develop much over the course of the day.

8 for staying power, 6-8 hours on me.

8 for the atomizer (unless you buy the plastic splash bottle).

Overall a nice scent on me, but I see it has mixed reviews. So try before you buy.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I love the scent! Very refreshing.
Sample vial, so no ratings for price, packaging, or atomizer. I didn't find this particularly unmanly, as other reviewers did. I did find it cloyingly, sickeningly sweet in the worst possible candy-apple, treacle, bad boardwalk fudge way. I cannot imagine anyone enjoying this smell, which makes it neither a man's nor a woman's cologne, but simply bad!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I got this once as a sample a while back. I think the words I used to describe the scent was "What kind of candy assed crap is this?"
I like this stuff too. I certainly don't find it 'vile' or 'sickening' in any way - a rather fresh scent in my opinion. Hard to over-apply, this stuff doesn't last too long but reminds me of barbershop/fresh laundry. Not my favorite scent in the world but plenty nice to splash on after a shave and head out for a casual day around town or out in the country. Some have said it's a modern scent meant for younger men but I don't get that...seems an 'older' scent to me. Nice stuff.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I actually like this cologne. Unfortunately it's only fleeting. It last about 2 hours on my person.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
So I was curious about Trumper's offerings and ordered a sample pack. Let me get right to the chase here. I love one of them. I like a few. Several are good but not my style.

But Skye should be barred from sale. All mixing vats of it destroyed. The recipe to make it, burned.

Honestly, unless my body chemistry just goes berserk when this hits my skin, I have never before encountered such a vile, unequivocally BAD scent as this, which markets itself as a mens cologne. No, scratch that. To make matters worse, it's an EDT. So its horribleness dares to actually stick around and threaten nausea.

I don't know what I was expecting. A marine scent perhaps? I guess. But what I got was an overly sweet blast of candy. Like Smartees covered in Sweet-n-Low topped with fruit gummies or something. It is disgusting. And it does evolve, only to add an oily, barbershop background to the candy. It tries to be fresh, like cheap laundry detergent, but the sweet candy never quits.

Some guy on Basenotes said this was perfect for men in their 20's. Maybe shave 10 years off that. I'm 24, and this is just a repulsive and odd scent.

Avoid. Beware.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
0.00 star(s)
Staying Power