What's new

Geo F Trumper Sampler

I got my sampler pack a couple of weeks ago and one of the edt viles was completely empty, 2 of the 4 creams were only half full and they are small to begin with, the sandalwood cream was dry and hard ( but I already have this cream) Even with all of this I am happy i purchased this, I just wish they would have included the coconut oil cream and GFT cream because I already have sandalwood and the limes just doesn't smell good. I even requested the coconut and gft but I guess it is completely random and they are already packaged when ordered.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
My sample pack included:
Lime, sandalwood, and coral skin foods.
Rose, GFT, almond oil, and coconut oil creams.
Almond oil body wash.
An unmarked bar of soap.
Wild fern, spanish leather, curzon, wellington, eau de quinine, and lavender water colognes/edts.

The creams were, as noted above, filled to different degrees, but I find them to be denser than some others and there was plenty for 2-3 shaves at least in each.
The real winner for me was the skin food, I have some lime on the way right now.:thumbsup:
I think I'll be ordering another and asking for some sandalwood cream and cologne. The almond oil cream smelled so good I wanted to put it on a cupcake instead of my face. Seriously, a female friend said she had to resist the urge to taste it. :w00t: I should add to that two things, I'm not sure it will have that effect out of the jar, and I'm a happily married man.
Again, well worth it.
For those asking about cost & shipping time, I ordered my samples last Monday, and they arrived here in NYC today (Monday), so 1 week from order to arrival. Total credit card charge was $6.61, shipping included.

No linen bag, but a nice little paper gift bag and the following:

Coconut oil shave cream
Almond shave cream
Rose shave cream
GFT shave cream

Coral skin food
Lime skin food
Sandalwood skin food

Almond oil body wash
Some kind of body soap

Astor cologne
Wild fern cologne
Marlborough cologne
Curzon cologne
Wellington cologne
Eucris EdT
Yep, I used the link too and have just purchased the kit.

Well mine has just arrived. Quite pleased with the selection.

I ended up with the following:

Violet Shave Cream - Full
Limes Shave Cream - Full
Sandlewood Shave Cream - Half full
Almond Shave Cream - Full

Extract of Limes Skin Food
Sandlewood Skin Food
Coral Skin Food

Almond Oil Body Wash
Soap

Sandalwood Cologne
Lavendar Water Cologne
Bay Rum Cologne
GFT Cologne
Wellington Cologne
Marlborough Cologne

I love the smell of the Sandalwood and glad I got three samples of skin food. I did not realise they did that in Sandalwood.

I didn't get the nice bag with mine though. Was really hoping to get one for travelling.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
It would be cool if all of the 3T's had samplers like this. Nancy Boy offers enough products that they could also do something similar. Great bargain as noted above.

My pack had limes, almond, sandalwood and violet. I didn't expect to be overly enthusiastic by any of the products, but I was uniquely impressed by the performance of the limes cream and was exceptionally grateful to have discovered Trumper's Skin Foods, which I would never have tried without this sampler.

I also would have appreciated a chance to try all the Trumper's cream since I was especially interested in trying the Coconut before buying, but otherwise recommend this to anyone interested in Trumper's products.

You will need to keep checking back on the Trumper's website periodically to locate this product for ordering. When I ordered mine, I received a nice email from Trumper's saying that my shipment was delayed because they had been a little back-logged on getting sample packs out due to the high interest. It seems that they occassionally have to remove it from their website offerings until they can get caught up on demand.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
The creams in my sample kit were almond, sandalwood, limes, and violet. I have tried a few samples of different creams these past couple of weeks, and I have found it tricky to guess how much product to use and it varies considerably from product to product. I guess I got lucky as my jars were all 3/4 to full. I got one shave each out of the almond and sandalwood and combined the leftovers of those two to get a third shave. The combo of almond and sandalwood is great - I think better than either two alone.

The skin foods are great and a little goes a long way so it looks like I will get quite a few shaves out of the samples. I may end up keeping them for travelers.

They are generous with their cologne samples. The only unfortunate thing I have realized is that they send such a range of fragrances that inevitably all but a couple will go unused.

All in all a great sample kit and well worth the price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
Since I started reading Badger and Blade I have wanted to try one of the "three Ts", and I especially wanted to try some of Geo F Trumper's products. The soaps, even just the refills, are around $17 each, so trying multiple products can really run up your tab fast.

What can a person do? They can purchase the sampler, directly from Geo F Trumper.

Upon arriving, you'll have a lovely pouch, with the Geo F Trumper name and logo. Empty the pouch, and you'll see something like this:

View attachment 16556

Everything comes packaged in bubble wrap, so I had no concerns about the contents breaking during shipment from the UK. The contents of the pouch are:

Shaving Cream Samples (5ml)
  • Almond
  • Rose
  • Coconut Oil
  • GFT Original

Skin Food/Conditioner (25ml)
  • Coral
  • Extract of Limes

Colognes/EDT (1ml, Fragrances are said to vary)
  • Marlborough
  • Portugal
  • Geo F Trumper Signature
  • Eucris
  • Milk of Flowers
  • Ajaccio Violets

Soaps
  • Almond Oil Soap (25ml)
  • Bar soap (small, floral)

Well, that's what's inside the bubble wrap, and unwrap it all and you'll see something like this:

View attachment 16557

The quality of the bottles and jars is great. The shaving cream is in small glass jars, and the cologne is in small glass tubes with plastic stoppers/applicators. The Skin Food and Body Wash are in plastic bottles, but that's forgivable in trade for their larger size. The pouch also appears to be linen, which is a very nice touch. I see myself keeping the pouch around for travel purposes.

The only problem I had on shipping was the Rose shaving cream sample was slightly loose, and a tiny bit leaked out of the jar. Not much, just enough to give the bubble wrap a nice scent.

The one complaint I had about this whole package is the amount of cream in the sample jars. It's a small gripe, but they are inconsistently filled. I received about half a jar of Almond and Rose, but mostly filled jars of Coconut and GFT.

View attachment 16558

See what I mean?

To explain my scoring:

Price, Quality, Usefulness, Durability, and Packaging are fairly obvious. The quality of the products and packaging, as well as the presentation of the sampler is very good. I knocked the Quality down by one, due to the inconsistency of the shaving cream amounts, but only one point. Performance I rated as a 10, simply because I didn't want the rating to go down because of it. I haven't used any of the products yet (besides the skin food), but the Trumper products are highly rated and I can't imagine the sampler being any different than the full-sized ones. Especially since they're the same thing.

Overall I think this is a bargain. The amount of product you get for $6 US (4 pounds, plus VAT (Value Added Tax), but we don't pay VAT in the states). You're basically getting a free sample, but paying for the shipping. Or you're paying for the sample and getting free shipping.

The only thing I could ask is for them to offer small portions of their milled soaps in their sampler. But I can't imagine this leading to anything other than the purchase of more Geo F Trumper products. I wanted to post this review because even though the Trumper website tells you what's in the sampler, it doesn't show you what you'll get. Now you know, and it's definitely worth $6.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)