What's new

Geo F. Trumper Eucris

Pros: Seems to last forever.
Cons: The scent.
I received this in a sample pack. It started out poor and quickly went down hill. I considered taking a belt sander to my wrist to get it off.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Subtle staying power
I like most the subtlety of the scent. It goes on fairly strong but them fades into the background. And really, that is what a good cologne should do. I can put it on in the morning and at night have my wife comment on the scent.

All while this is definitely British, this cologne seems to subscribe to the Italian philosophy of allowing no one scent domination and yet each fragrance keep its individuality.

This being the 100 year anniversary of GFT's Eucris proves that this scent has stood the test of time. I would recommend it. Every man should have this scent in his cabinet.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I absolutely love this cologne. It is somewhat a love it or hate it scent, so as mentioned before make sure and test it out before dropping the bones. I tested it out at CO Bigelow and wore some out the door. By far my favorite Geo F. Trumper scent. I feel I have smelt it before but can't remember where. Later that day I had forgot I was wearing it and I thought to myself "what is that distinct and intriguing smell?" and realized it was the Eucris I sprayed earlier that day (I even worked out and showered after, and I could still smell it on me and my shirt). That's when I realized I had to have it.

My first day wearing it, the bassist in my band said I smelled like baby powder (I don't get this at all and don't want to smell like baby powder... I see it as maybe a little old world barbershopish) and called me a douche. Later that night I was at a bar and got a compliment from a hotty and she leaned in to smell me twice, so that's all that matters to me!:thumbup:

I've read basenotes, but it's hard for me to personally describe the smell. It's a little pungent but to me in a good way. It has some pepper/citrus/musk and woods though a little sharper than most woodsy scents. It has treemoss in it so I'm guessing that's where that comes from. I am 28 and don't feel it should be pigeon-holed as a middle aged scent but can understand the connection. It is definitely a James Bond situation. The type of man that wears this is adventurous, intelligent and daring by day, and can clean up nice for a formal party at night, impress some ladies, get laid and do it all over again the next day without breaking a sweat. Don't you want to be that guy!?!

This is a very high quality classic cologne in the most beautiful black-matte glass bottle with a beautiful crown top (my favorite to date). The dispenser is nice and small and you have to shake it to get some out so it's easy to control and it lasts all day. I put some in an atomizer for the bathroom, and keep the bottle in my bedroom on display and to use if in a hurry. It's $68 so a little expensive but to me worth every penny. I will always keep this around!:thumbup1:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
For once I used my sample to the bottom of the vial before buying, as Eucris is so complex I was concerned that whatever shave soap, aftershave, &c I had previously used would color it. Only the "loud" ones did, and not for long. It plays well with citrus, though. And, I liked it, but I couldn't deduce why. It doesn't matter, it's mine now, at least this one bottle. Maybe I should go ahead and buy another now, I could drop this one and break it. Maybe two bottles, you know how shipping is these days.

It has a unique and complex floral/citrus opening on my skin, a woody middle that does not forsake the top note entirely, and settles down to a well-balanced fougere/woody/musk that sits close to the skin but remains for hours. The woody component is complex, I detect the expected sandalwood, more heavily some cedar, and some wood components I can't identify. Musk is much the same, it isn't a heavy musk, more like a hint of real Tonquin, possibly a touch of pure civit and some similar quality components. I find it very, very hard to pick apart. Not that it matters that much to me, but the bottle is very nice, and allows application method to be easily controlled by the user. It's a handsome bottle, too, with a mechanically superior closure that could easily accommodate a spray mechanism if that's your bent.

You can re-apply after dry-down to get the top and middle notes back without being overwhelmed by the base due to the very modest sillage, but don't forget the stamina of any musk, even a very subtle one like this.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Scotto;82774 said:
....To each his own.

I received this in a GFT sample pack. My wife said I smelled like my grandmother. 'nuff said. :blink:
The bottle is seriously cool and as one of the two noted James Bond scents, I had to give it a shot. Not unhappy with the purchase, but it's a little weaker than I had hoped. If pounds pretty hard on initial application but fades fairly soon. It's still present, but very close to the skin.

It is a distinguished gentleman kind of scent. Not for kiddies. I read a lot about the black currant, but I mostly get a nice, rich dark mossy scent out of it. Mature, conservative, distinguished, dressy, high end British barbershop. Very "manly man." If those kinds of scents interest you, this one is worth a sample.

I do also enjoy the "shaker" style spout as a nice change from all the atomizers. That's a nice touch in keeping with an old stately scent like this one. (But I swear I drop the little twist off crown every other time I open it).

The longevity is the only thing that kind of let me down. But, a lot of scents don't last well on me, so YMMV. A bit "mature" for sure. Some would have you believe it should only be worn by very old guys. But I think anyone over 30 in a suit with some style would be well served (and respected) wearing this scent. You'll smell like you've got bucks and know what you're doing. If you were a frivolous slacker and slapped this on, it would straighten you out (until it starts to fade).

It's a first rate scent for wetshavers.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is by far my favourite evening cologne to wear- but be warned! From the other reviews, I gathered that it smells far different on some peoples skin than on others. I tested this theory on my brother- it smells like cumin and curry on him, vs. wet blackcurrant leaves on me. I also think there's a touch of dirt/machine oil in there... probably the oakmoss. Only lasts a few hours, so I wouldn't use this for daily wear.

Also- the bottle they use for this is seriously cool- black glass with white etched writing and a silver top (silver painted? I don't know, but it IS tarnishing already)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
One of my Go-To scents, along with MPG's Ambre Precieux.

Excellent scent layering, and has traditional appeal. Not perfect longevity, but lasts a fair while. Love the presentation as well.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
This will be wildly unpopular here, but I'll say it: Trumpers makes some crappy fragrances. They do.

But Eucris is just pure class. And unabashedly old-fashioned. Of all the Trumper offerings, it is one of three that I like. I just wish I could wear the damn stuff.

This is definitely a cold-weather scent. I'm not good at describing scents but I'd say Eucris is smoky, a bit grassy, with some fresh conifer mixed in. A complex, dark fougere, it's strong and maybe a bit too "mature" for younger men such as myself. Other people call Blenheim Bouquet a polarizing, uncompromising scent, but Eucris is definitely that and then some.

Going to a formal event in the cooler months? Eucris fits the bill.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
This was the only scent I truly liked from the GFT sampler I picked up earlier this Spring. And I liked it quiet a bit and would consider buying it in the future. My first take on this was that it was what Polo Green was supposed to smell like -- vastly deeper, richer and more complex, not a floral in sight (scent?).

Cheers,
Chris
I really like Eucris. It's hard to describe because I find it so complex. Trumpers describes it as

"The warm, sensual beauty of sandalwood, musk and moss is enhanced by a heart of rich, honey-like jasmine and exquisite muguet. Rousing, peppery top notes of cumin and coriander radiate with the fullness of plump blackcurrants."

I would agree with most of that initially. However, after a while it seems to settle into a smoky sandalwood kind of scent. Don't get me wrong, it's not for everyone. This really seems like a love it or hate it kind of scent. I would definitely try before you buy.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
I'm a bit on the fence with this one. Make no mistake this fragrance is very deep and very complex, perhaps overly so for a younger man. On my skin it seemed to reveal another layer of depth every few minutes and I found myself constantly sniffing my wrist throughout the day while deep in olfactory contemplation. Truth is though, I just can't see myself wearing this out anywhere...it's just too damn...serious. Smells like a Bond villain.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
i think my gf describe the best

"this is the smell of a man!" and i agree.....Eucris is a perfect blend and provides a perfect cover throughout the day. its a little strong to start with but its changes with your day to little hint in teh background...prefect!

:c9: :em3200:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
I love this scent. It conjures visions of Edwardian gentlemen in the clubs of St James street. Far from being overpowering I find it quite subtle, the dominant note being of blackcurrant leaves......quite beautiful.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
I absolutely love this stuff. One of my two top fragrances I own, the other being Trumpers Spanish Leather.

Eucris is complex, sophisticated, and definately maculine scent. Obviously not for everyone so I definately recommend getting a sample and seeing how it works for you. Everyone I've introduced it to has loved it though.

The only minor gripe I could have is the price, it's a bit more than the other Trumpers scents, but still well worth it to me. I give the atomoizer a 10 rating because there is no atomizer... and I like it that way :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
I fall into the "I like this" camp. It's certainly not an everyday scent but it has a pleasing quality. The strong blackcurrant top notes last quite while - they do give the "light oil" note that make this seem rather mechanical. The dry down has hints of wood and vetiver and this phase lasts several hours on me. Since I hardly ever wear suits, I don't feel the need to dress up to wear this. In fact I like to wear it when I am tinckering with an old motorcycle or perhaps a tube amp. I would recommend a try out before jumping - that said they are hard to find, I jumped in and am lucky that I like it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Manly scent for a manly man! But maybe an older manly man than myself... It's an unashamedly strong, old fasioned fragrance of the highest quality, and let's face it, the bottle looks SO cool.
I agree with the comment that it makes you feel "scrubbed up and presentable" no mater what activity you were engaged in before you put it on. Definitely a scent for an adverturous, active man, perhaps a little older but definitely not elderly. I could imagine explorers of former days carrying a bottle of this stuff with them as their little bottle of civilisation in the middle of the jungle or up a mountain!
For a man who shoots, enjoys outdoors activity, probably smokes St Bruno, but is capable of quickly making himself VERY civilised and presentable.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
I am not a big fan of this scent.... it is mighty strong, and seems to never fade - tremendous staying power. Really brash and foul on my skin, it starts to make me sick towards the end of the day.

I'd definatly get a sample of this from trumper before you order it!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Here is what Eucris smells like on me:

Take ten bushels of blackberries and other assorted fruit. Now leave it in the hot sun for a week until it is a foetid, putrifying mess. Now find a homeless guy who hasn't showered in a month and have him roll around in it. Now you'll begin to appreciate what the scent is like. Truly vile.

That being said, there are many folks who love this stuff. To each his own.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Eucris from Geo F. Trumper is one of my favorites. I haven’t run across anything else quite like it. Eucris is definitely masculine, and refined. I think it works better for an older man than a young one. The structure is complex and changes during the drydown.

The manufacturer says “A sophisticated fragrance with top notes of blackcurrant, cumin and coriander, a heart of jasmine and muguet and base notes of sandalwood, musk and moss.

Eucris comes in a distinctive black bottle, with Geo F. Trumper's crown cap that removes to expose a tiny hole through which the liquid can be shaken.

The smell of Eucris always brings to my mind mechanical work – perhaps some light and very refined machine oil. The impression it leaves is that the wearer is fully capable of getting down and dirty, and perhaps has in the recent past, but is now scrubbed up and presentable.

Eucris is very distinctive. Best to try a sample before buying.

The discussion thread for this review is here. If you don't want to rate the product please post in the discusion thread so as not to skew the review scores.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)