What's new

Geo F. Trumper Eucris

Item Description

Eucris from Geo F. Trumper is one of my favorites. I haven’t run across anything else quite like it. Eucris is definitely masculine, and refined. I think it works better for an older man than a young one. The structure is complex and changes during the drydown.

The manufacturer says “A sophisticated fragrance with top notes of blackcurrant, cumin and coriander, a heart of jasmine and muguet and base notes of sandalwood, musk and moss.

Eucris comes in a distinctive black bottle, with Geo F. Trumper's crown cap that removes to expose a tiny hole through which the liquid can be shaken.

The smell of Eucris always brings to my mind mechanical work – perhaps some light and very refined machine oil. The impression it leaves is that the wearer is fully capable of getting down and dirty, and perhaps has in the recent past, but is now scrubbed up and presentable.

Eucris is very distinctive. Best to try a sample before buying.

The discussion thread for this review is here. If you don't want to rate the product please post in the discusion thread so as not to skew the review scores.

Latest reviews

Pros: Seems to last forever.
Cons: The scent.
I received this in a sample pack. It started out poor and quickly went down hill. I considered taking a belt sander to my wrist to get it off.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Subtle staying power
I like most the subtlety of the scent. It goes on fairly strong but them fades into the background. And really, that is what a good cologne should do. I can put it on in the morning and at night have my wife comment on the scent.

All while this is definitely British, this cologne seems to subscribe to the Italian philosophy of allowing no one scent domination and yet each fragrance keep its individuality.

This being the 100 year anniversary of GFT's Eucris proves that this scent has stood the test of time. I would recommend it. Every man should have this scent in his cabinet.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I absolutely love this cologne. It is somewhat a love it or hate it scent, so as mentioned before make sure and test it out before dropping the bones. I tested it out at CO Bigelow and wore some out the door. By far my favorite Geo F. Trumper scent. I feel I have smelt it before but can't remember where. Later that day I had forgot I was wearing it and I thought to myself "what is that distinct and intriguing smell?" and realized it was the Eucris I sprayed earlier that day (I even worked out and showered after, and I could still smell it on me and my shirt). That's when I realized I had to have it.

My first day wearing it, the bassist in my band said I smelled like baby powder (I don't get this at all and don't want to smell like baby powder... I see it as maybe a little old world barbershopish) and called me a douche. Later that night I was at a bar and got a compliment from a hotty and she leaned in to smell me twice, so that's all that matters to me!:thumbup:

I've read basenotes, but it's hard for me to personally describe the smell. It's a little pungent but to me in a good way. It has some pepper/citrus/musk and woods though a little sharper than most woodsy scents. It has treemoss in it so I'm guessing that's where that comes from. I am 28 and don't feel it should be pigeon-holed as a middle aged scent but can understand the connection. It is definitely a James Bond situation. The type of man that wears this is adventurous, intelligent and daring by day, and can clean up nice for a formal party at night, impress some ladies, get laid and do it all over again the next day without breaking a sweat. Don't you want to be that guy!?!

This is a very high quality classic cologne in the most beautiful black-matte glass bottle with a beautiful crown top (my favorite to date). The dispenser is nice and small and you have to shake it to get some out so it's easy to control and it lasts all day. I put some in an atomizer for the bathroom, and keep the bottle in my bedroom on display and to use if in a hurry. It's $68 so a little expensive but to me worth every penny. I will always keep this around!:thumbup1:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Howard
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.25 star(s) 20 ratings

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Howard

Top Bottom