What's new

Genco "Easy Aces"

Item Description

Here is a little known razor the genco "easy aces", look wise it looks like any other solingen razor that was made for the american razor market but in actual fact it uses american steel, genco being based in bradford pa.

She's an 11/16 full hollow round point singing razor the tang being quite slender, it certainly gave no problems on the hone the blade is nice and straight no imperfections, quality wise the scales are thin but don't flex when in use and it feels nice and light because of this, can feel a bit cheap but looks stunning so they certainly aren't.

Some seem to come with a rainbow coating on the tang and tail, looks to be something from the heat treatment it's purely cosmetic and can be removed with some polishing i personally preferred the look.

proxy.php

On the hone the edge sits straight with no smiling of any sort, it feels shave ready when new but does need to be honed it is however quite sharp to begin with.

Setting a bevel wasn't required seems despite mine being nos it had some light work done, i felt this was enough for it not to be a requirement.

This razor responds very well on all my hones mostly i used naniwa 5k, belgian coti and c12k, i also used some 0.6 micron crayon on balsa, the edge lasts just as well as any good full hollow should just the occational touching up required.

The shave this razor gives is nothing short of outstanding, when first honing i could feel a razor sharp edge was there i just knew it would be something rather special.

It's not the smoothest of my collection but it's certainly very good sheffields for me being the best.

For me this razor is up there with the best. :001_smile

Latest reviews

The price on Genco's, particularly Easy Aces (seem to be NOS or close to it a lot, must be a relatively recent Genco) is climbing. These razors were steals a few months ago, now they're fairly priced.

It's made well, cracked ice which I'm no fan of, but it's straight, rare for CI. It's all around a good example of a Vintage Full Hollow. It's well designed, classy looking, easy to hone and use. Just a good straight forward worker razor.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
4.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
4.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness
4.00 star(s)
Here is a little known razor the genco "easy aces", look wise it looks like any other solingen razor that was made for the american razor market but in actual fact it uses american steel, genco being based in bradford pa.

She's an 11/16 full hollow round point singing razor the tang being quite slender, it certainly gave no problems on the hone the blade is nice and straight no imperfections, quality wise the scales are thin but don't flex when in use and it feels nice and light because of this, can feel a bit cheap but looks stunning so they certainly aren't.

Some seem to come with a rainbow coating on the tang and tail, looks to be something from the heat treatment it's purely cosmetic and can be removed with some polishing i personally preferred the look.

proxy.php

On the hone the edge sits straight with no smiling of any sort, it feels shave ready when new but does need to be honed it is however quite sharp to begin with.

Setting a bevel wasn't required seems despite mine being nos it had some light work done, i felt this was enough for it not to be a requirement.

This razor responds very well on all my hones mostly i used naniwa 5k, belgian coti and c12k, i also used some 0.6 micron crayon on balsa, the edge lasts just as well as any good full hollow should just the occational touching up required.

The shave this razor gives is nothing short of outstanding, when first honing i could feel a razor sharp edge was there i just knew it would be something rather special.

It's not the smoothest of my collection but it's certainly very good sheffields for me being the best.

For me this razor is up there with the best. :001_smile
Price
4.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
3.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
3.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
5.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
5.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness