What's new

Gaia Made For Men Shave Cream

Item Description

This rich shaving cream is perfect for those wanting a creamy lathering shave or those with a thick coarse beard. Enriched with lubricating moisturising oils and soothing plant extracts, it delivers great 'slip', minimising nicks and irritations.

GAIA Made for Men Shave Cream contains organic evening primrose oil to moisturise, and organic aloe vera and chamomile to calm sensitive skin, while rosemary extract revitalises and uplifts a tired complexion.
Suitable for use with a shaving brush, this luxurious cream makes it easy to track your shave, so you won’t miss a spot – leaving you with hair-free super soft smooth skin.

A new addition to GAIA’s range of shaving essentials.

This rich shaving cream is perfect for those wanting a creamy lathering shave or those with a thick coarse beard. Enriched with lubricating moisturising oils and soothing plant extracts, it delivers great 'slip', minimising nicks and irritations.

GAIA Made for Men Shave Cream contains organic evening primrose oil to moisturise, and organic aloe vera and chamomile to calm sensitive skin, while rosemary extract revitalises and uplifts a tired complexion.

Suitable for use with a shaving brush, this luxurious cream makes it easy to track your shave, so you won’t miss a spot – leaving you with hair-free super soft smooth skin.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS

Perfect for those with fine, blonde or light coloured beards, as it makes the hairs easier to see and provides something for the razor to grip onto for a closer shave.

Contains organic vegetable oils - evening primrose, avocado and wheat germ, organic extracts – chamomile and aloe vera leaf for superior moisturising and calming properties, helping to maintain healthy skin, minimising redness and irritation.

Masculine invigorating scent made from a blend of organic pure essential oils - lime, sweet orange, cedarwood, patchouli and sandalwood.

FREE from sulphates, parabens, petrochemicals, mineral oils and artificial fragrance.

Vegan Friendly and CCF accredited – not tested on animals.

Latest reviews

Pros: Surprisingly decent slickness.
Cons: Scent!
When I pass this every week at my supermarket I can't really be blamed for finally chucking some in the trolley can I?
Long story short... It smelt ok in the tube. Lathered up. Wow. It stinks. Smells to me kind of like cleaning product citrus. Almost didn't shave with it, but I'm actually glad I did. The cream lathered well, and the shave was really good. Comparable to the more expensive creams. Not overly moisturising, but not bad.
I would keep this in the regular rotation if not for the scent. If you are in Australia and after something cheapish and sulphate free, for under 10 bucks give it a go and see if you don't mind the scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Hate to knock an Aussie product but according to the ingredients list the shave cream contains more preservative than its listed aromatic EO's & if Aussie law is similar to other countries they're only allowed to include 1% of sodium hydroxymethylglycinate because more than that is irritant to the skin. This means the EO's are less than 1% of the total product . Ironic, as the EO's alone would make good preservatives in the right quantities. Looks to me like they're going for long shelf life but minimal ingredient expenditure.
Yup, there are worse chemicals out there but Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate is a known formaldehyde releasing preservative: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20233550
The Tocopheryl (vitamin E) is also synthetic or chemically derived from natural products. Usually by means of a solvent. Maybe not such a big deal but I hate the blatant abuse of the word "organic".

I found in use the product was ok but nothing out of the ordinary. As this is a supermarket brand, I would prefer either the Palmolive or Faulding products at almost 1/3 of the cost for similar effect.
Just based on the lather alone it would not be my first choice for straight shaving. I didn't enjoy the scent either but that's of course subjective. The preservative itself is pretty foul smelling & requires more masking by added fragrances IMO. I think this product has the potential to be much better than it is in its present formulation.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Price, Packaging, Scent, Performance, Lather
I was PIF'd this item by another member (LUC) and was surprised to find out that it had not been reviewed or even talked about much on B&B.

It is FANTASTIC. One little squirted lasted 3+ passes, nice and thick, creamy lather. It stood up to all my other creams and soaps (RazoRock, Cella, TOBS, KMF, TBS) and held it's own against all of them.

When this tube runs out, I'll be looking to add another one. The scent was very refreshing and my shave with a Feather AS-D1 and Feather blade was 2nd to none.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)