What's new

Gada Cool Mint shave cream.

Pros: Cheap, nicely-scented, very cooling and refreshing
Probably the cheapest cream I ever used, or very close to it. I can buy it for less than two bux at my friend's convenience store on a regular basis and I've given tubes of it to friends of mine and they enjoy it as much as I do. The scent is very minty with a lemony lime note, and a small amount produces thick and dense lather with a strong cooling sensation. It also contains camomile for a feeling of soothing and relaxation for sensitive skin. Rikan International in Beirut, Lebanon is the producer of this wonderful stuff.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I've bought this shaving cream for about 3$ at Marché Adonis, on Sauvé st. in Montréal.

Its main attraction was the novelty and exoticism, but I stayed for the fresh cedar smell and sweet lather. Lebanese are proud of their cedars, and the smell demonstrates it.

I would put it a small notch below Proraso, but it's that same kind of market: everybody, every day, all the time.

It's the closest one could get for a complementary product to Pino Silvestre: shave with cedar, splash with pine.

Good, clean, healthy, and refreshing.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I discovered that cream because of a fellow montrealer who's moderator on another shaving forum.
He told me the cream was available at a store at 30 mins from where i live so yesterday i decided to make a visit to the store and yes they had it.
I purchased all the 3 version of Gada, the Cool Mint, the Marine and the Original, but so far i only tried the Cool Mint so here's what i think of it.
First the scent, it's great, kind of mix of mint/citrus/lime scent, great for summer days.
The lather is very easy to create, unlike some creams, with this one it takes a minute and your done.
The lather is very rich, protective and last longer than a lot of cream i used in the past.
I paid 2,99$ for the tube.
I would buy that cream again for sure.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)