What's new

futur

Pros: Very close shave, even on a mild 1.5 setting
Cons: Difficult to turn adjustment dial with wet hands
This is a cleverly designed razor that reeks with German engineering. It gives an outstanding close, comfortable, and smooth shave. Hang on tightly and don't drop it, as it is a little heavy. Still, I highly recommend it.
Grip
2.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
2.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: weight, aggressiveness
Cons: aggressiveness
I do love this razor. It's very heavy (which I like) it's a longer handle (which I find necessary) and it's very aggressive, which is both good and bad. The blade gap is huge even at the lowest setting, and I haven't tried anything beyond 1. The blade replacement is unlike any other razor I've used and I am not particularly keen on it. It does provide a very close shave, but do not use cheap blades in this thing. With such an aggressive razor you'll want the best possible blades you can get.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
2.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
4.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Adjustable, weight, blade replacement
Cons: None yet
I personally love this razor. I prefer heavy, aggressive razors. It has the right amount of balance and weight that makes passes smooth and efficient. I gave it an 8 on grip simply because it can get slippery. This is not a deal breaker to me. I gave it a 9 on quality only because there are stainless steel razors (Ikon, ATT) that are more "solid feeling" . They are also more expensive. The Futur is the only razor I use on a daily basis and do not envision changing anytime soon
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very heavy and cuts well just by its weight alone
Cons: Can be slippery between re-lathering. But it has a better grip than you would think from just seeing pictures
My first real safety razor. I really like being able to adjust the blade gap. Great looking razor that is extremely heavy. Use with feather blades and it will become one of your favorite razors.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)