What's new

Fuller's Earth Clay

could somebody fix the pictures
proxy.php

Background: Fuller's Earth Clay is a few centuries old. It was first used by textile workers (fullers) who used it with water to remove oils, dirt, and other contaminants from sheep's wool. Fulling is the process of cleaning wool with clay. It has been used in kitty litter to soak up urine and in automotive garages to soak up oil and other spills. Fuller's Earth for the skin is pre-blended with the right minerals so do not use your cat's kitty litter or go to AutoZone! :lol: Your desired Fuller's Earth will be composed mainly of alumina, silica, iron oxides, lime, magnesia, and water, in extremely variable proportions.

Benefits: Properly blended Fuller's Earth is great for acne-prone, oily, and combination skin. No other matieral is recognized to be as strong in drawing out impurities from your skin. It is NOT recommended for dry or very sensitive skin. Due to its strength, it may cause considerable irritation. Moreover, it has the added benefit of lightening the outermost epidermal layer. Some retailers will market it as a skin-bleaching agent or facial bleach. However, it would take many years of constant use to achieve noticeably lighter skin.

How To Use: Fuller's Earth is very easy to use. All you need is the clay and water. If you want, you can add essential oils as well. Be careful though because too much oil will burn your skin! I speak from experience. :blushing:

1. Add clay to a bowl. You don't need a lot. I used essential oils in this demonstration.

proxy.php

2. Add 2-3 seconds worth of steady water. Like your shaving lather, it’s easier to add water as you go along.
  3. Mix clay and water with your fingertips. It should be a thick paste at this point. It might look like something else. Just keep that out of your mind!:001_07:

proxy.php

4. Apply liberally over the face and neck. Don't be bashful! (I'm really not as hairy as the picture might indicate. Honest. You know the saying, the camera adds hair to the hands. :tongue:)

proxy.php

5. Allow it to air-dry. Refrain from talking, smiling, or stretching your face. This leads to cracks in the clay. My hand shows the cracked clay because I was typing. On my face, there are very few cracks. It should take about 20 minutes for the clay to dry. If it takes longer, then you put too much. The only clay that helps is the clay on your skin. All the extra stuff that gets piled on is a waste.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

6. Gently rinse off with warm water. Do not rub off and do not use soap! Even if it takes a little longer, be gentle.
  7. Apply a day moisturizer or night cream over the clay-treated area. Although this clay is perfectly safe for use, it's still a strong product that requires relief after each use. You MUST moisturize. If you don't, your skin will look much worse than before you even used the clay.

Recommendations: This procedure is normally done once a week but if your skin can handle it, twice a week is OK. Anything more than that will only hurt your skin. Also, if you have breakouts, a little Fuller's Earth Clay on the head of a pimple can drastically reduce the size of it overnight. Lastly, the right essential oils will really help to moisturize your skin. I use a concoction of geranium, tea tree, lemon, lavender, peppermint, and clove bud.

Ratings Explained:
Price: Mountain Rose Herbs sells it for $7.25 for one pound. They have a $10 minimum order but they carry many other great items.
Quality: Fantastic!
Scent: It has no scent. Some might enjoy a scent but it's all-natural. If you want a scent, you could always add a few drops of essential oils.
Efficacy: It does exactly what it should do.
Packaging: While the package is a resealable bag, the seal isn't great and tore off my bag. I will have to use my own Ziploc bag.

Conclusion: I believe this is a must product for people who suffer with acne and a great product for people with oily or combination skin. It won't cure you of those issues but will certainly help. Of course, nothing replaces healthy eating and drinking plenty of water but you already knew that! :cool:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)