What's new

Fresh Cannabis Santal

I read about Fresh Cannabis Santal on one of the perfume blogs, and was immediately taken with the description. Found it on ebaY at a much-more reasonable price than "retail".

The aroma is, for me/on me, quite different than Lou's description. I get the Black Plum and Rose and the Chocolate and Vanilla Musks immediately, then the Patchouli and Vetiver; but I never sense the Bergamot or Brazilian Orange. As for the Cannabis Accord, it comes straight through -- most people confuse cannabis accord, which is the smell of the flowers, with (as Lou put it) "second-hand marijuana smoke", which is the smell of the buds (who smokes leaf, nowadays?) I happen to burn Cannabis Flower incense quite often, so I recognize the element in Fresh Cannabis Santal.

It's a happy, enjoyable fragrance, and where Lou "dabs", I "shpritz" with abandon. You don't have to smoke any pot, in order to groove on Cannabis Santal, but it doesn't hurt, either.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
There's something about patchouli that intrigues me. Even when being overpowered by somebody's heavily applied hippie patchouli, I still think, "lighten that up and it could be nice." Fresh Cannabis Santal is the best example I've seen so far of what I like about patchouli.

Fresh's Web site shows the following notes:

Top: Bergamot, Brazilian Orange, Black Plum
Heart: Patchouli, Cannabis Accord, Rose
Base: Chocolate, Vetiver, Vanilla Musks

Maybe it has been too long since I...um...accidentally smelled second-hand marijuana smoke, but I don't get the cannabis accord. What strikes me most is the patchouli, vanilla musks, chocolate and a bit of the rose. The patchouli is just prominent enough for you know it's patchouli, but it isn't at all strong or dirty. The sillage is good, so you can keep it within whisper distance. A finger dab from the sampler lasts several hours on me.

If you're curious about patchouli but want to keep it light, I recommend Fresh Cannabis Santal.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)