What's new

Fresco

Pros: Price, Ease of Lather
Cons: Scent could be just a hair stronger. Container.
I have done a couple shaves with this product now. I really do like it, I know that everybody says its not a menthol product. But I seem to get a little cooling sensation when using it, not really enough to mention, but a little. Lathers very easily and has a nice mild minty scent. I wish it was a little stronger. Produces a pretty decently slick lather. I'll definitely be using this regularly. The container is a little cheap. I feel if you drop it you could be SOL. But the croap is nice and soft to where you could put it in just about anthing. Good shaving experience.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Protective lather, easy to lather and load, great value
Cons: Cheap tub, may cause skin irritation with some people
Price: @ $5.99, this stuff offers incredible bang for the buck. Quality: Quite good. The ingredients are very simple and are the same types of things you see in proven products. Although the fragrance is likely artificial, there are no detergents/lathering agents in it, and it's not colored with dye. Ingredients are as follows: Water(l’eau), palmitic acid, cocos nucifera(coconut) oil, stearic acid, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, myristic acid, peg-150 distearate, parfum(fragrance), tetrasodium edta, eugenol Scent: The scent is mild and described as "watermint". I get a faint minty, ever so slightly citrusy vibe from it. I'm not blown away by it but it's completely inoffensive to me. If it had been more strongly scented I might have a problem with it. Apparently, a few guys are allergic to the scent of this product. I've not had any problems so far but my skin can be sensitive to certain fragrances. Personally, I'd like to see an unscented/fragrance free version of this product to cater to those with extra sensitive skin. Latherability: Extremely easy to lather. If you've used dense creams or Italian-style soft soaps before you will have no problems making loads of lather with this. Although RR calls it a "shaving cream soap", I would recommend loading your brush from the tub. I prefer to hit the bowl with a slightly wetter brush than what I use for hard soaps. Efficacy: It protects the skin well, the lather holds up, and it has a nice glide. It works as well as anything I've tried. Moisturizing Properties: I don't find it excessively drying, but I never rely on my shaving cream/soap to moisturize my skin, especially in the colder/drier months. Packaging: Not the best, but not the worst either. It comes in a cheap looking, somewhat flexible black plastic bowl. It takes some work to get the lid off and on. I'd honestly prefer a screw top plastic jar or a Proraso style snap bowl. I've heard that RR uses these cheap containers to keep the price down.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Easy to make thick creamy lather. Really impress. Great Value.
Cons: The lather is not as slick but still great.
I bought this cream soap as a filler to get free shipping. It was my first time using this brand and also my first time using a cream (soap). First Impression - I was blown away.

First, it's easy to make a thick creamy lather that when you apply it to your face, it provides a good cover and doesn't thin out when you apply it using your brush. Second, the price. It's really price really low that you get more bang for your bucks!(honestly). Third and last is the quality. It doesn't get better than this (imo).

The scent is kind of like, a light lemon - fresh - heavy sweet - scent. I recommend this to New wet-shavers since it's easy to make great lather and to veterans who haven't tried it yet. For the price, there's no excuse not to try it. Hope you enjoy my first review. Until next time.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Price
I have no idea why it's called Fresco other than it looks a little like plaster. It lathers well and provide a nice slick glide for the razor. The only gripe I have is the snap-on lid container as I prefer screw-on lids. The price and shavability make worth trying for anybody.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: quality, latherability, effectiveness, fragrance, cost
Cons: a bit soft...requires care when loading up
RazoRock creams have been reviewed, but I thought Fresco, as a distinct flavor, deserves a separate review.

Fresco is very similar to XXX in performance, but with a shorter ingredient list and a much milder scent. I also find it to be gentler on my skin. It is an excellent cream.

Many shavers consider Cella to be a benchmark for this type of cream. I've used (and thoroughly enjoyed) Cella for awhile, and believe that RazoRock surpasses Cella in a number of ways.

Fresco lathers with great ease, and the resulting lather is thicker, more buttery, and a little slicker than what I can get with Cella.

Fresco's scent is similar to XXX, but much milder---a soapy mint fragrance that is fresh and clean but almost too subtle. I prefer this over Cella's almond scent. I'd like it better if it had just a little more ooomph (or menthol :wink2:).

Fresco leaves my face very soft & smooth, but I think that Cella has a slight edge here---gentler and more moisturizing.

Bottom Line: I get my best lathers and shaves with RR. It makes all of my razors and blades perform better. Shaving with it is really a pleasure.

Update: Having used RazoRock & Cella side by side in the weeks since writing this review I'm convinced. Fresco and XXX produce richer, more abundant, closer-shaving lather than Cella by a long shot. Its not close.

I do have hard water, which may make Cella less effective here. But RazoRock creams don't care---they lather like champions in spite of the water. RazoRock is clearly a winner.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)