What's new

Frapin 1270

I picked this up several weeks ago, and meant to do a review here once I had the opportunity to wear this a number of times, in a variety of circumstances.

Luckyscents describes this one as a combination of: "exotic woods, spices, raisin, vine flowers, pepper, candied orange, nut, hazelnut, prune, cocoa, coffee, leather, woods, white honey and vanilla."

My first and most lasting impression upon smelling this, either sprayed in the air, on a test card or on my skin, is white cedar; so, I definately get the "exotic woods". This top note of wood is infused with sweetness, which I could call "vine flowers", but happily is not overly sweet or cloying. Just slid in underneath this first impression of white cedar and sweetness, is light vanilla, and possibly honey.

The whole is to give one the impression of a pleasantly sweet scented piece of cloth that has been stored for some time in a cedar cigar box. There are the slightest, faraway tones of something firmer--perhaps leather or tobacco-- lingering at the periphery, ephemeral, like wisps of smoke in the night.

This is not a blatantly masculine scent, and while the vendor selling it made it out to be a man's cologne, it would do well to be considered unisex. I like having a wide variety of scents in my arsenal. Its interesting to see the look of pleasant surprise on a woman's face upon discovering a softer, more complex scent when this is unexpected.

Frapin is a house fairly well known for using quality ingredients in clever, complex blends. I personally find 1270 to finish exactly as it started on my skin, with decent longevity but no development (either to the good or bad) as it ages with my body chemistry.

If you are in the market for a sweet, moderately complex composition of excellent quality ingredients and a fine, if unspectacular finish, then this might well be a good choice. Its a tad pricey and arrives in an acceptable cardboard box and a simple, wide-bottomed glass bottle with a lovely quality atomiser. The cap is, however, cheap plastic, a bit of a drop from the rest of the package. Other than the plastic cap, everything else about this product has the feel of being a fine and quality product.

Best always,

Chris
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)