What's new

*Frank Shaving (FS) Silvertip Shaving Brush Reveiw

I have had a FS brush in my rotation for a while now. I must say, it is a fantastic brush for the money!

I picked up the finest for $20 shipped! The handle alone is worth this much (seriously, TGN sells the same handle for $20!). The quality is damn good. No flaws with the handle and the knot is glued very well, no visible glue marks.

It hasn't shed even one hair since the first test lather! It has good backbone (I got a custom set at 50mm) and the tips are really nice and soft.

It is a great lathering brush, no trouble lathering any soap (even MWF). I face lather so the lower density is something I am really enjoying as it doesn't hog the lather at all, placing it in the face where it is needed!

For the price, I think everyone should have a couple of these in rotation! I just love the way my FS brush performs! As a bonus, you even get a drip stand with every brush, these are worth like $6 on their own!!!

(for comparison, I have used: EJ BBB and Super/ TGN Super, Finest, Silvertip/ Shavemac/ Vulfix/ other custom brushes/ Omega and Semogue boars)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
The score of 10 for density drew my attention to this review. This brush is average/decent density for the price (based on the other cheap badgers I've seen). It is NOT a dense brush. Tips are quite soft, not stiff at all (I rate stiffness opposite of the previous reviewer... more stiffness = higher stiffness score). Handle felt fine. It lathered as well as any other cheap badger brush. Handled soft soaps without problems. Couldn't compete with a high end brush of course. Price was fair for what you got, but I'd say spring for a Custom TGN and get a much better brush for only a bit more money. No rating for quality because I bought the brush out of curiosity and didn't keep it long enough to see quality. It wasn't a bad shedder at least. I seem to remember it lost 1-3 hairs first use and none after.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)