What's new

Frank Shaving Finest

Pros: Very effective lather maker
Cons: Handle looks kinda cheap
I was looking for good and cheap entrance to the badger brush world, and found it in Frank Shaving brush.

It is graded to be "finest" badger hair.

Base 2,4
Top 5,6
Lenght 5,2
W 68g

In few shavings it did not loose any hairs (or I did not notice).
Brush is very rich and densely packed.
Bristles are sufficiently stiff and tips are at the same time comfortable and not prickly on the face.

Brush easily makes extremely rich lather which is sufficient for 4-5 passes.
Same cream quantity would barely suffice for 3 passes with Semogue 830 brush (which is also a good brush, but inferior when compared to this one).
I have HJM (Muhle) finest badger brush, but it is also inferior compared to this FS brush.

Only thing which requires improvement is handle quality, this one looks cheap.
But you cannot expect miracles for 23$.
Alltogether, this brush is excellent value for money.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: price. quality
Cons: nil
My first badger hair brush and i love it. Have had it for two months and it has yet to shed a single hair.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap with a good quality knot
Cons: very light weight will float in water and the handle is small
I'm not sure what product the original reviewer had but my #Warwick Butterscotch hasn't shed more than a handful of hairs since I first revised it a little over a year ago. The knot is full and reasonably dense for a low end brush. It's a tad bit soft but perfect for lathering creams which it does spectacularly well. As long as you use it towards it's strengths its a great brush.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, comes with stand
Cons: None
Low cost, fine quality brush. Lathers like hell, using soap with the recommended procedure on B&B. Feels great on your face. Used it for a week now, losing just 2 hairs. It comes with a stand for free. I can highly recommend this brush.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Inexpensive and fairly well made
Cons: None so far
This is a decent product. Mine has been in daily use for over a year and has, to my knowledge, never lost a hair. It does the job in workman like fashion.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great value, excellent quality
Cons: Long wait time for delivery, shed 2-3 hairs each shave for 1 week.
I've been extremely pleased with my Frank Shaving Finest. It has plenty of backbone while being extremely soft on my face. It has a 24mm knot with a loft of 52mm. It's quite dense & makes lather very easily. I've had no problem lathering either soaps or creams, in a bowl or on my face. This brush has handled everything that I've thrown at it superbly.

Biggest negative was that I had to wait 2 weeks to get my brush. However, for only $23 I'm willing to wait a bit to get quality that most pay close to $100 for. I will definitely be purchasing another Frank Shaving brush in the future & highly recommend that you give them a try too.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I have that same brush in Silvertip, and it's much better than my AoS Pure Badger. No shedding, and not scritchy at all.

Just received a 28mm ("Large Knot")Frank Shaving 'Richmond' Silvertip.

What a great brush! Very soft, dense, and good backbone. Lathers like mad, and feels great on the skin.

Neither of my FS brushes has shed at all; I've found the quality to be first-rate.

They don't have the cachet of a Simpson or Rooney; but they also don't have the price tag, either. I think they are very underrated.

For $40 delivered, it's a steal.:thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I own a Franks silvertip that I paid $23.99 for along with $6.99 shipping from a B&B banned merchant on ebay. The brush is does a great job on bowl lathering cremes, but it way to floppy and loosely packed for soaps. For money spent, my Semogue 1305 is a better value and I find that I reach for it much more frequently. For that matter my very inexpensive Omega Pro 49 is used more often.

Franks Shaving brushes are price positioned to represent lower-cost alternatives to expensive European brushes, but nothing's for free and there is a quality difference. For me the FS silvertip is a better brush than my humble Tweezerman, but on the other hand, I can use the Tweezerman on soaps.

As the prices have creeped up on these brushes and I have become better versed in shave brushes in general, I most likely wouldn't buy another Frank's brush. For the same money, I can buy a vintage handle and TGN knot or a Semogue boar. For less money I could purchase an Omega boar.
Very inexpensive brush but a horrible shedder. :thumbdown

Floppy and scritchy and not in a good way.

I bought this thinking I'd give it to my brother as a first brush but it isn't good enough to be a gift.

Reknot with a TGN 2 band coming soon.:thumbup1:

My Omega Stripey was many times better than this and it only cost $29.00.
A Semogue 1305 would be a much better choice for only a little more than what the FS cost.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
1.00 star(s)