What's new

Floris Vetiver

Top notes of bergamot, lemon and lavender.
Heart notes of geranium, cinnamon, clove, vetiver and coriander.
Base notes of patchouli, sandalwood, amber, frankincense and tonka bean.

Not a bad scent and those who like incense (especially since it's similar to L'Occitane Eau des baux) they will take to this right away. To me the incense is very powerful. It is freshened by the vetiver and patchouli and maintains this earthy vibe also similar to Burberry London without the tobacco. The tonka sweetens it a little to keep it from being harsh This will be fine all year round and especially in fall/winter. To me it's nowhere near as good as Guerlain Vetiver/Vetiver Extraordinaire/Encre Noire but for those who don't like those scents they may take to this one. The longevity is fantastic. It's decent and inoffensive but too boring for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
A fine quality, floral, vetiver cologne, that has now been discontinued (although why I don't know). Gentle, sophisticated, and well balanced. I myself prefer stronger vetivers like Puig (also discontinued), and Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver (pure vetiver heaven!) Most would probably prefer L'Occitane or Guerlain vetiver as a substitute for this one.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
What a tremendous vetiver! It's romantic, earthy, and distinctive. If you can find it, try it. It's worth the price.

I have a sample vial, so I can't comment on the packaging or atomizer.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Mysterious indeed, though at the same time it has a delightful simplicity. The vetiver really does carry this fragrance, as indeed it should. Wonderfully earthy, grassy and rustic. The sweetness in this scent is very subtle, overall the first impression is very dry, but later on you get the subtlest sweetness from the Tonka bean. Seems to be some ambergris in the base, holding it all together, but the Vetiver itself is such a lasting scent, it remains the dominant note all the way. There may be a tad of sandalwood in there too, just in the background, along with a faint resiny incence like note- perhaps frankincence.

I didn't give this a high rating for complexity because it isn't really- the scent doesn't develop much over time, and it is very much all about the vetiver. This is no bad thing- a fragrance named after an ingredient should be a showcase for that material, and this is just that. Artfully blended to show off the wonderful Vetiver.

To comparer this to L'Occitane's interpretation, I find this much drier, more serious, more a scent that suits any audience. L'Occitane created very much a contemporary, younger persons cologne, albeit with a very natural, herbal vibe to it. I tend to wear it for less formal occaisions, or to impress attractive hippy girls :wink:. The Floris scent could however be used anywhere, by anybody, it stands apart from any categories or styles.

I think any Vetiver lover could find paradise in this fragrance.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I got this during Vintage Blades' Floris closeout, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

I am surprised at how nice this smells. It was an immediate hit with the wife, also. This is the first Vetiver cologne I have tried, but it could easily be my all-time favorite scent.
This is my very first Floris purchase, based entirely in Badger and Blade recommendations and I must say, not disappointed at all. I gave it a high mark for price being as I purchased it as a closeout from Vintage Blades otherwise retail was the next alternative.

At first I was uncertain of the scent, but several female friends including my wife were very fond of this scent. Staying power is sufficient for me, at least 8 hours. Very happy with this classic.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Floris Vetiver is one of the best vetivers I've tried. Its sophisticated, yet maintains that earthiness that makes vetiver so attractive. You can't go wrong with this one.

Jordan
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I've only worn this once, but seems to be a good one. Mysterious and magical indeed! It reminds me a little of L'Occitane's Vetyver, but the Floris is more refined, more complex, and a little less dense and "dirty". . .

It's a smokey, grassy, earthy brew that takes me on a journey to a dark, damp, "mysterious and magical" forest:w00t: Lasts quite a while on my skin, impressively so. . . powerful stuff
This is the only Floris fragrance I've bought in a full sized bottle if I can't find the Sandalwood, it's that good. This scent is for vetiver lovers ONLY! I'd imagine it's truly a love it or hate it. For those who love it as I do, we adore it. Extremely rich, earthy and dry. Vetiver. Nothing more, nothing less. Magnificently done.

I gave a ten for price. 3.4oz for $70. Quite frankly, worth every penny. It's a true pleasure to own, enjoy and experience.

Packaging is simple and elegant, as always from Floris.

Staying power is pretty impressive, and is one of the deciding factors for me in buying a cologne. Colognes typically don't las very long on me, but this one stays with me all day, a dry-down as glorious as the first spritz. Let me add that one spritz is also enough.

A work of art from Floris, and a must for any vetiver lover. Atleast sample it.

Discussion thread here... http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33304
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power