What's new

Floris-Santal

Item Description

I purchased Santal because Floris gives the basenotes as woodsy, including sandalwood. I did not smell anything woodsy but I am glad I bought the cream. This cream is on a par with Penhaligon's, but I prefer the earthy aroma of Pen's 1870.

Price: At the high end for $32. There are many creams for less, but maybe none with the combination of performance and British sophistication.
Quality: Among the best of the creams I have tried as will be detailed below. I have only found DR Harris and AdP to be more lubricating.
Scent: I am not a citrus or food fan. This is very lightly scented with the bergamot and lemon coming through, but none of basenotes indicated by Floris. It is a very clean and appealing scent, very sophisticated.
Latherability: Both face and bowl lathering had plenty of rich, lubricating lather
Efficacy: A small dollop, about peanut sized, provided a scuttle full of lather or a brush full enough for 4 passes plus.
Moisturizing: I am always surprised when a cream leaves my face as soft as using a balm and this cream does that. Very nice
Packaging: The tube is plastic, low end, but so is Pen's. At 4.2 oz it is too big for carry on luggage.

Latest reviews

I purchased Santal because Floris gives the basenotes as woodsy, including sandalwood. I did not smell anything woodsy but I am glad I bought the cream. This cream is on a par with Penhaligon's, but I prefer the earthy aroma of Pen's 1870.

Price: At the high end for $32. There are many creams for less, but maybe none with the combination of performance and British sophistication.
Quality: Among the best of the creams I have tried as will be detailed below. I have only found DR Harris and AdP to be more lubricating.
Scent: I am not a citrus or food fan. This is very lightly scented with the bergamot and lemon coming through, but none of basenotes indicated by Floris. It is a very clean and appealing scent, very sophisticated.
Latherability: Both face and bowl lathering had plenty of rich, lubricating lather
Efficacy: A small dollop, about peanut sized, provided a scuttle full of lather or a brush full enough for 4 passes plus.
Moisturizing: I am always surprised when a cream leaves my face as soft as using a balm and this cream does that. Very nice
Packaging: The tube is plastic, low end, but so is Pen's. At 4.2 oz it is too big for carry on luggage.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)