What's new

Floris Sandalwood

This is a sandalwood lover's dream. It's magnificently dry and woody. Many claim they can not smell anything at first, I apply it to my wrist and it seems to jump off of it.

I gave a 9 for price, I think this would be a bargain for someone able to afford it. Only a small amount is needed, so it's economical from that standpoint.

I gave staying power a 7, it's not long lasting on me but it does last longer than others. It becomes a truly close-to-me scent, very subtle and sexy.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Scotto certainly knows what he is talking about, I had often seen Floris products but always stuck with Taylor's etc. By chance my wife purchased a 100ml bottle of Floris Sandalwood EDT for me at a silly price of £12/$25, I know these retail normally for £39/$70, I am really impressed with it. The scent is wonderfully woody without being OTT and the other subtle ingredients make this a very high class cologne,It will stay for 12 hours easily on me I just wish i had found it a lot earlier, beautifully packaged also. I will follow every lead Scotto gives from now on:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I'm fairly new to the whole scene of post-department store colognes, but this is by FAR my favorite cologne. It's everything Scotto talks about in his review... low-key, reserved, masculine. I don't detect any mint in it whatsoever, but my nose is admittedly not attuned at all to picking up subtleties that small.

All I know is, I really like this one.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Artful indeed... This stuff is really wonderful. It is just sharp enough to be refershing when you put it on, but that soon softens to a subtle, slightly sweet Sandalwood, an aroma I catch from time to time that makes me feel really good. It is a very luxurious scent, with a subtle complexity- not overly complex, but each scent in it complements the others, to such a degree that it's hard to discern the individual aromas. I use it nearly every day, since my Sandalwood addiction reached such extremes that I am looking for a means of taking it intravenously...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Wanted to like this one, never quite got there. I like the transparency of it, but what turned me off is what they are claiming is "bergamot" top note, which to my nose is plain old peppermint... just barely enough to be detectable but for us mint haters, enough to turn us away. Never got the sandalwood note past this kind of ghost of a minty note. Not a smell I like anywhere but in a toothpaste even though most people wouldn't be able to pull the mint out of the overall blend. It is quite smooth.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
0.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
This is truly my favorite Sandalwood scent. I have used it for years. I notice that lately I just use it for special occassions. It's that good. I have tried many different Sandalwoods over the years but I always go back to Floris.

Scotto, I really like your prose. :thumbup1:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
The sun slants in through the windows, awakening you from your slumber. Blearily, you walk down the spiral staircase to the dining room. A maid brings you juice and coffee; off to the side, your butler is ironing the morning paper. The scent of the crisp paper, packed full of financial figures, wafts through the air. After breakfast, you retire to the library for some reading. The scent of the thousands of old tomes permeates the space; dusty, dry, knowledge accumulated over the centuries.

Later, you fall into an old leather chair, soft and rich. You light a fine cigar, pour a cognac, and ponder the vicissitudes of fate that have brought you to this point in your life. Powerful, decadent, arrogant, you are master of the world.

Floris Sandalwood is one of the most artful scents I have come across in quite a while. When you spray it on, it is difficult to detect much of anything. You are immediately perturbed that you shelled out $70 for a bottle of juice that you cannot even smell. After a while, you begin to detect hints of something. Spice, wood, musty notes drift out. There are no high notes, citrus, etc, to balance out the sandalwood. Wearing this makes you feel great. It is not a scent you wear for others, though I am sure women would really appreciate it when pulled close for an intimate encounter. The scent stays incredibly close to the body. It is subtle, masculine, and wonderful - not for those who like to shout their scents outward to all nearby. It is a bit redolent of Brooks Brothers 1818, but even more dry, subtle, and woody. Really a unique take on sandalwood. Highly recommended.

This review is being discussed here.
Top Bottom