What's new

Floris JF

I really love this scent and wear this cologne daily. My first experience was with Floris no.89 which i liked. 89 is the kind of cologne you don't want to overdue, too much is deadly but a small dose is pleasant. It's staying power was what really attracted me to Floris, so i decided to try another.

I really like the Cefiro scent (I had tried the moisturizing lotion and deodorant), but wanted a more masculine smell for a cologne. I decided on Floris JF since it seemed lighter and less muskier then the 89 or Santal.

Anyway, I really love how this smells. But my main gripe is that it doesn't last long at all (an hour if you're lucky). It's not entirely a strong smell which is good because if you over do the spraying it, it won't suffocate the people around you.

Definitely would recommend. It's light, pleasant, and as good as most Floris scents. But it doesn't stay with you.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Very pleasant citrus cologne. It's a nice change from the sharper, more lemon/bergamot colognes, less crisp but somehow warmer. A cologne less for the hot days of summer, more for temperate weather. It won't refresh you in the same way as 4711, for example, but it has much more depth, and a longer lasting base. More natural smelling as well.

Very much orange flower on top, with a little bit of amber and perhaps the faintest hint of a wood in the base, couldn't say what but it seems to be there in the background.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
My first response after trying the sampler was that it smelt really good. Nice and fresh. I also asked a few friends and they all thought it smelt great. I then bought a 50ml bottle.

Now that I have 'acquired' many more colognes, I find that I hardly ever use JF and I plan on selling it. It is a very sour smell and rather boring. I can see where the bug spray description comes from. It is interesting how my opinion changed. Longevity is about 4-5 hours on my skin, so it is better than some.

Trumper's GFT is a superior cologne of similar type.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This review is based on the free sample I received from Floris, so I can't really comment on the packaging or quality of atomizer. While mine was free, in looking at the price, and based on my feelings towards this, I gave it a low score.
I did the layering with this product - shaved with JF cream, followed by JF AS balm, then close with the cologne. My first thought was that it was a very crisp scent. My second thought, only 5 minutes later, was where did it go? Seriously, to my nose, this did not last long at all. Even less time than T&H West India Limes (which I thought was very short lived).
Apparently, though, it did last. Later on in the day, my wife asked me what cologne I was wearing. I was excited, because she never, ever comments on my cologne, unless I specifically ask her if she likes a scent. Anyways, I said that it was JF, and asked if she liked it. She said it smelled like bug spray.
And that is it. If my wife doesn't like it, it definitely will not be a keeper. At the price, though, I won't be complaining.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Burma Shave;352403 said:
I love the shaving soap, but the AS is not my cup of tea.
In fact, it's very close to Davidoff's "Cool Water"...
:001_unsur

+1- Very close indeed. I tried it on yesterday for the first time... Maybe my nose (and my girlfriend's) isn't that refined- but it reminded me heavily of cool water.
I love the shaving soap, but the AS is not my cup of tea.
In fact, it's very close to Davidoff's "Cool Water"...
:001_unsur
The price was right - bought at the 50% off sale! I picked this cologne up at the beginning of the summer and I find it is not one that I reach for very frequently. The scent seems off to me for warm weather wearing, so I will probably start wearing it again in the fall. This is a little surprising to me for a scent strong in the orange blossom category, but there it is. The quality and packaging from Floris is first rate, a very high class company.
It has good staying power and it is certainly not offensive - citrus at the beginning like orange and lemon and then moves to an amberish and citrus base.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Good, but not great.

Staying power on me is not long. Top notes are strong, but the base notes are subtle at first, and then soon gone.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I am a fan of this cologne. Quality and staying power to boot.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
This is a good cologne.... but just that - good. I never find myself getting excited about wearing this cologne, don't get me wrong it isn't bad - but smell this side by side with Pecksniff's Fougere - or Creed GIT, and you'll find them all quite similar.... however in my opinion the Pecksniffs is superior. Quite honestly - not to get TOO off topic, but I am quite a fan of pecksniffs colognes.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I bought a bottle during Floris New York's after-Christmas sale at the beginning of the year, and wore JF between late January and late April.

Though I have to admit a terrible case of Anglophilia, I think others will also find the packaging, bottle, and atomizer first-rate. On application, I found JF bright and sweet, and then warm and complex almost immediately.

After wearing JF, Elite, and Summer Limes, I've found that Floris EDTs don't have much staying power for me, but I enjoy them tremendously right out of the bottle.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I actually disliked this scent when I first got it. I find in the summer's heat, it can smell a bit acrid. In cooler weather, though, this stuff is a winner. Very strongly perfumed with neroli (orange blossom), with a very interesting dry down featuring some amber and musk notes. There are also some nice zesty tones dancing around - quite complex and nice. This one wouldn't offend anyone.
Top Bottom