What's new

Floris JF Soap

Item Description

This is a great soap that doesn't get as much airplay as it should. Here it is from this morning's SOTD:
displayimage.php

This is a soap in the vein of Harris and T&H. Produces gorgeous, rich lather scented with the heavenly scent of JF.

Price
Yeah it is a bit pricey ($40 retail with the bowl), but pick it up at the occasional Floris sale and it isn't too bad.

Quality
Very high quality soap. It comes in my favorite of the wooden bowls out there. Nicer than T&H and Harris, IMO. It is a rich, burnished, dark wood. The soap itself never fails to please in scent or shave.

Scent
JF is a neroli-based scent with a base of Amber. Very elegant. Floris really hit the nail on the head with the amount of fragrance as well. Never overpowering, but allows you to be immersed in the glorious scent.

Lather
One of the best out there. Whips up like a dream, and is super-shiny and slick. Here is another picture from last year. Plenty of lather, eh?
displayimage.php

Efficacy
First-class shave. Very nice and slippery, and allows one to get very close without irritation.

Moisturizing
Pretty good for a soap. Leaves your face feeling soft and healthy

Pick up some of this if you haven't tried it!

Latest reviews

Pros: Scent, cushion, glide, luxurious lather.
Cons: High price point
I have the most recent formulation purchased in July 2013 from a new shop. The scent is simply outstanding as ought to be expected at this price point. The lather builds easily and provides all the qualities a straight razor user could seek. Even better for a DE, not that there is much room to go up. The packaging and bowl are top notch. I have compared it directly to a fresh shipment of MdC and put Floris JF ahead for performance, MdC for scent. Very close call. This is a soap any wet shaver should enjoy if they are seeking the upper end of performance.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: best soap i have used
when i first bought this soap about 25 years ago i liked it so much i bought another in case they stopped making it it lasted so long i gave second one to my son in law to convert him to real shaving and gave him one of my gillette oc's he cut his face to bits he dont use de anymore but still uses the floris soap
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
This product is wonderful. The wooden bowl is very handsome too. The lathering process is tricky at first but if you experiment with water/soap ratios then you'll be ok.

It is a pricey soap but its very exclusive and is of a very high quality. Very moisturising too!

Ryan.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing