What's new

Floris Elite

I'll be clear from the outset- I really don't like this fragrance. Now I'll go into more detail:

Topnotes: As soon as I put it on, I'm greeted by a strong odour of cigarette smoke on clothing, mingled with the kind of perfume worn by older ladies who want to seem a lot more "upper crust" than they really are. So now we have the scent of a pretentious, chainsmoking hag with a slapped a**e face and a string of pearls hanging around us. I think there's some lemon and bergamot in there too.

Heartnotes: So I brace myself, and pry a little deeper into the fragrance, attempt to unpick its secrets and find out what lies behind this horrific first impression. I can smell rose, a hint of spice, and some other floral which I fear may be lavender. The sweetness is growing now, amber perhaps with something vanilla like added.

Basenotes: Some time later I'm hoping it will wear off soon. The cigarette aroma is long gone, thank God, but the perfumey, "posh" scent hasn't. And not posh in a classy, understated, confident kind of way, but posh in a rather desperate, vulgar way. There's an incense like note here, the sweetness hasn't gone, although the worst of the vanilla has. I think there may be some poor, abused ghost of some sandalwood oil trapped in here too, what it can have done to deserve this fate I cannot say. I also get a hint of oakmoss, I suppose to try it make it smell manly, but I can't see that it really helps.

Overall, well lets just say that Elite is not to their credit. They advertise that this fragrance will exude the confidence of it's wearer- I think it comes across rather more as desperate.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)