What's new

Floris Conditioning Shave Cream- Elite

I just tried a sample of this today and was quite impressed with the performance. I got a very close and comfortable shave. As noted by other posters, it only took a small amount to whip up a good batch of lather. I noted that it took more water than any other cream I've used - I would speculate that perhaps some of the people who didn't get good results didn't use enough water. I didn't care for the scent- it was too flowery/girly for me.

-Ray
I tried the Elite sample from Floris today. The creme lathered easily building more than I needed. It also cushioned well and and seemed to moisturize my dry face. The lather leaves behind no slick residue so you need a bit more lather to hit a missed spot. Also I did find out one thing I do not like the scent of the creme at all....It reminds me of "Old Lady Smell" :eek:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I agree with this last post. While the cream lathered very well, it did not offer much protection. Proraso is cheaper and offers much more protection. The Floris scent was nice, but could not make up for the lack of slick protection.
I do not share the enthusiasm of previous posters with regard to this cream. Although clearly a quality product, I found the cream did not provide sufficient lubrication nor moisturization. My skin felt really dry after one pass (after a stroke removing the foam). A subsequent pass over the same spot was difficult without re-applying lather first. The scent is ok (Sandalwood), but there is better. Lathering up with this cream is no problem. T&H 1805 is far superior.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I requested a sample pack from Floris that included Santal, JF, and Elite shave creams. Let me address the scent question first: In a word, awesome. My favorite--after a half dozen shaves--is Santal. However, JF would make for a wonderful post-workout shower or summer scent. The Elite is great though it has a slightly powdery and flowery basenote which doesn't exactly suit me. Still very very good, however. Trust me, you'll enjoy all three.

As for shaving, well, it's a wonderful experience. The creams lather up as thick as meringue, and you only need to use just a bit (hence my high rating on price) of cream to make enough lather for three passes. The scents of all three are never overwhelming, and in fact they all combine nicely with the soap base. I'm not sure of the ingredient but there's something in the creams that makes your face feel very soft post-shave. The creams permit the razor to glide nicely, but if you apply too much lather you might find the blade riding on top--it's that thick and lubricating. Since I've only been using my free samples, I'm not sure how to rate the packaging. Awe heck, I'll give it a ten based on the fact that my sample was free.

If you want a luxurious shaving experience, spring for a tube of Floris shaving cream. Or better still, call Floris and ask for a sample. Overall, I give Floris a big thumbs up.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
The Floris shave creams are as good as any high end cream if not better. I doubt anyone could find fault with the creams' performance. Available in scents JF, Elite, and Santal, I bet you can find a scent that rocks your boat. I like them all, but the Santal really does it for me. The company is good about sending out samples, but mine were very small. Still it is worth the effort so that you can identify your favorite scent without buying them all.

Of course, the only negative about this cream is the price for the average person. Most retailers charge around $32 for the 4.2 oz tube of cream, but the last time I checked vintagebladesllc.com was selling it for $30.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
People may complain of this creams cost, but in my opinion it is worth it. If nothing else you should push Floris for a sample, as that 25ml aught to last you for weeks. As free samples go you certainly cannot fault them.

For an easy, and comfortable daily shave I think it may be hard to beat any Floris cream, and Elite appears (to me) to be the most moisturising of them.

The cream itself is economical, with enough lather for three or four passes being the norm.

The scent is wonderful, and strong. To me it might be more pleasing than the EDT. It has a certain gentlemanly warmth, which can really brighten a dreary morning. Even with the strong cologne scent I've not had any irritation difficulties whatsoever, which I must admit I was surprised about.

Lathers amazingly well, Elite must be one of the only creams I've ever tried that I've never failed to produce an excellent whip with.

The lubrication and moisturising properties are top of the class, which may just be why sometimes I get an imperfect shave from it; it's too protecting, but I would rather be over protected than cut to shreds, and irritated.

The tube itself is pleasant enough, festooned with royal warrants, but I do have to mark it down slightly for the silver type face rubbing off on my fingers. A minor gripe, but has on occasion made me look as though I wear body glitter, which is a hard look to pull off.

Anyway, considering the size of the free sample, there really isn't an excuse not to try this cream, and it's stable mate JF. You're unlikely to regret it!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I got a MASSIVE sample of this, I mean as samples go, theres plenty for a LOT of shaves. I may buy it again, it's that good (although it isn't Sandalwood).

It gives a lovely creamy, slick, thick lather, with a scent that EXPLODES when you start lathering it with a hot brush. It is their Elite fragrance, but rather sweeter than the EDT- a little more floral too: is this due to the chamomile extract in the cream? It certainly is skin conditioning and protective: as good as Musgo, though a very different aroma, leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.

I do find it to shave less close than a soap, but that's made up for by the fact that the lather is so much richer and more luxurious, and its skin-conditioning properties so good.

I think this would be a good recommendation for a first cream: its easy to lather and really slick, and very kind to the skin. I think it would probably be very forgiving of poor technique. Only downside is the very steep price, but it's well worth it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)