What's new

Floid (Italian)

Floid is a surprisingly great A/S. It leaves my skin feeling great. If you can get along with the scent, a better value cannot be found.

As others have said the scent take some getting used to. My wife hates it and calls it an "old man smell." To me it is distinctly classic and always makes me think of a classic Italian barber shop. The scent has actually grown on me and I quite like it now. That's good because it is an A/S that lingers for a couple hours after application.

Is this a desert island A/S? Probably not. But if you are able to get a bottle relatively cheaply it is seriously worth a go.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is my favourite aftershave. I like Speick, Proraso, Dominca Bay Rum, and have tried many others, but this wins in my house for two reasons: 1) It is an awesome aftershave, very classic scent but it's not too strong, and it fades to a nice subtle barbershop scent after a while. 2) My wife likes it, too. This matters of course because she dislikes most aftershaves, incl Speick, Proraso, Musgo Real, L'Occitane Cade, etc.

The big downside for me is the relative scarcity of this aftershave. Superlather cannot get get, no one else has it, and so you have two choices: Find someone going to Italy to bring you back a big bottle (like I did), or else you have to pay outrageous shipping charges to obtain it from a vendor in England. That route means it ends up costing around $100 per 400 ml bottle.

At the end of the day, if you have the chance to get some Floid classic, do it. It's great stuff.

s.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
The smell put me off straight away on this as to me its smells cheap, cheap, cheap but at least its not overpowering, slight sting after a shave but at the end of the day the scent has just put me right off this, as a poster above points out you either love or hate it1
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Like their Iberian counterparts, the Italians have their own version of the famous Floid aftershave. I've never tried the Spanish version (reputed to be the original) but I can attest to the quality of this Italian brew. As far as alcohol splashes go it's great stuff and performs admirably in every category. Plus it's as classic as you can get.

Price: You can get a 400ml bottle of this for less than a 100ml bottle of one of the Big Guys. But the smaller 75ml bottle runs a little high.

Quality: Probably a grocery store item in Italy but I don't hold that against it. It's got pedigree and the bottles are cool. They look straight out of 50 years ago.

Fights Razor Burn: For an alcohol splash, which don't work very well for me as a rule, this surprised me. Takes care of a bad shave in short order. The ingredients sound like part of a chemistry experiment but they work.

Cooling Sensation: Not a menthol blast along the lines of Anherb or Proraso Pre/Post, but it still packs a punch. Subtle at first and then asserts itself a few minutes later. It's not unusual for my fingers to be cold 20 minutes after I splash in it.

Scent: A love-it-or-hate-it affair, YMMV and all that jazz. I'll make no bones about it....this is an "Old Man" type scent. Very sweet at first and then you get a blast of powder; a very refined, classy, old-school powder. Then faint oak notes emerge as it dries. I hated it at first, but after a few days I began to warm to it. Now it's one of my favorite scents. Think of an older, well-dressed gentleman coming out of the barbershop. Embrace the powder!

Efficacy: It works. Firms, cools, tightens.

Moisturizing: Surprisingly for an alcohol splash, this didn't dry my skin and left it feeling comfortable. But I'd advise using a balm if you're not used to alcohol splashes alone.

No alcohol Burn: It's got loads of alcohol, so expect a burn after a bad shave. But the burn is short-lived and the stuff is actually quite gentle.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)