What's new

Floid Blue

Excellent stuff, classic barber shop scent, goes very well with a large number of shaving creams and/or soaps, will not interfere with a balm or EdT later on. Highly recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
After having read so many positive things about Floid blue, I decided to order a bottle. I gave a 6 for the price because I had to have my bottle shipped from Europe to where I am at (Texas) and shipping was not too cheap.

I think this stuff is top notch and should be in every traditional wetshavers arsenal. Quality gets a 10

Being that it has a fair amount of alcohol, I don't believe it was created to fight razor burn, so that gets a 3. I don't think I had any razor burn this morning when I splashed this stuff on

Cooling Sensation--Ah, here is where Floid Blue shines for me. I am a huge fan of mentholated products, and find that this stuff has more menthol than proraso even. Excellent cooling, and this will be my go-to AS splash come summer time again.

No Alcohol Burn- I think it depends on the quality of your shave. I didn't notice much if any sting when I applied it this morning. But any alcohol burn at all will dissipate as soon as the mentholated goodness kicks in :lol:

You owe it to yourself to try the stuff if you like menthol aftershaves.

Scent-- Floid Blue has been regarded as having a barber-shoppy scent which I didn't really pick up on. However, it does have a good clean, fresh scent. No complaints here.

Moisturizing Properties-- Again, being that this has a fair amount of alcohol, it was not designed to be moisturizing. However, my face felt smooth after I applied it
Floid, the famous lotion, is one of the most appreciated, respected and sought-after aftershave splashes in the World.
Among experienced wet shavers it is considered a top-notch product and has, therefore, a very high reputation.
Floid was first established in Spain in 1932 and is, today, a classic, Old School, historic brand.
Its popularity in Europe is such that its design and formulation has remained unchanged over the years.
Anyhow we have to clarify, since there are two versions of Floid: the Spanish version and the Italian version.
Both are excellent, but also quite different.
The Spanish Floid has a sharper, stronger scent and a higher concentration of alcohol to sting on your face.
The Italian Floid has a lighter, softer fragrance and less alcohol in proportion, making it more suitable for sensitive skins.
My preference goes to the Italian Floid, in particular to the Italian Floid Blue.
This fantastic lotion comes in a 400 ml glass bottle with striking nostalgic graphics and an old world bakelite-style screw cap.
Here in Italy it is priced between 12 € and 16 € and, considering that it should last many months or maybe over a year, it’s a terrific buy and a great value for the money.
Floid Blue has a wonderful, light mentholated formula and, therefore, is very cooling and refreshing.
Its scent, as already stated above, is unique, clean, very Old School and fades rather quickly, not interferring with your cologne.
When applied it doesn’t burn, moisturizes well and gives an amazing mentholated “kick”, just like Proraso splash.
Your face finally feels soft, smooth and tight.
In other words this marvel does exactly what a good aftershave treatment has to do.
And does it perfectly.
If you like top quality products and love traditional Barbershop aftershaves, Floid Blue is for you.
Semplicemente STRAORDINARIO.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Price: If you look you can get from eBay Italy shipped to the US for less than $45.

Quality: top-notch Italian AS

Razor Burn: Menthol helps here

Cooling: decent whack of menthol but overpowering

Scent: nice light fougere that fades quickly. Brisk and refreshing

Efficacy: hopefully it will last you a lifetime!

Burn: there is some since this product is largely alcohol.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I have been using this for the last few days and really think its great stuff. The 400ml bottle is huge and should last for ages although I do slap on a fair ammount. The scent is real old school, very barbershop, I love it. Stays with you for about 2 hours. A very brief cooling sensation when applied, as the other reviewer said not nearly as much of a face freeze as proraso. Also this did not dry out my face at all, leaves the skin nice and soft. Again I would agree if you like speick, proraso etc, chances are you will like this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Here it is gents, the one aftershave you'll ever need (in my opinion anyhow) A true Italian classic that can be hard to track down and tends to cost an arm and a leg in shipping cots its absolutely worthwhile undertaking the hunt for this one. I've used it with a lot of razors (straight, DE, SE) however since I only use soaps I have not tried it with a cream, but I don't think this would make any noticable difference. I've tried a lot of aftershaves but these days my regular rotation consists of Floid Blue, Aqua Velva and Spieck so if you've tried any 1 of the other 2 then I suspect you will like Floid Blue.

Price: This AS comes in a huge 400ml bottle and can usually be found in the 15-20 euro price range depending where you go for that much aftershave its an utterly fantastic price. However due to the fact that it is pretty much only stocked in Europe shipping can get expensive so please take that into account.

Quality: A well made product in a very nice glass splash bottle, it does have a plastic cap but its a very thick plastic and doesn't really detract from the product overall. It just has a look to it that screams 'classic' and I doubt that its ever been updated.

Fights Razor Burn: Works very well I suppose, given that my face is clear whenever I use it. There are 1 or 2 spashes that are less effective for me but the Floid is just as effective as any balm for a bad shave.

Cooling Sensation: Despite the fact that it contains a lot of menthol I wouldn't say it matches the absolute cooling blast that some other AS can give (Proraso is far stronger for instance). However it does cool the face very well and I would say that if you want a nice medium level cooling without freezing your face off then this is a great choice.

Scent: A mild clean scent, its very subdued and really fits the old stereotype of 'Barbershop'. As much as I like this scent I also like the fact that it fades fast, so since it has a light scent which quickly disipates its an excellent choice of AS to use with a cologne if you don't have a matching AS for it. The rating of a 6 is due mainly to the brevity of the scent.

Efficacy: Excellent, does what an AS is supposed to do face feels clean and tight.

Moisturizing: I'm rating this as a middle of the road 5, it doesn't dry the skin but I don't really think it adds anything either.

No alcohol Burn: I don't notice any, if its there I think the menthol hides it so again a neutral 5

And rather than start a whole new discussion thread heres an old Floid Blue thread I made a while back: Floid Blue
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)