What's new

Fire Fighter from Origins for Men

Actually I love the smell and I find this as my go to aftershave... My wife loves the smell as well...
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
:shaving:I've just finished using a bottle of this balm -on and off -over the last six months. It came as part of a kit that included some other items for shaving. I must say even though I found the name Fire Fighter catchy, I did not find it worthy of a repeat performance. I was not enamored with the scent although it's not truly offensive,:rolleyes: (it has a very citrusy smell, maybe grapefruit, lime) but was mixed with other less desirable scents. That added to the fact it felt very greasy to me. On the plus side it did seem to calm the razor burn, but certainly no better than many other less expensive balms. The price of this stuff however for such a small amount is what really puts it on my "Not Again” list. I'm still using other products in the kit and will report on those as they are put through their paces. Cheers.:001_smile
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This is my go too after shave balm. I have found it to be very good for my oily/normal skin and heavy beard in this tropical environment. It is expensive though.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
D
I love this stuff, but you're right, the bottle is way too small.

I don't use it for the scent. I enjoy my EDTs and my EDCs for that.

As far as the name goes, it's an amazing fire fighter, and is totally soothing.

My post shave regiment is as follows.

• Rinse with cold water 30 secs
  • rub on some Alum
  • rub in some Fire Fighter
  • follow that up with Ahava face moisturizer
  • then splash on my favorite scent

I occasionally will switch up with another shaving balm if my face doesn't feel as angry at me, but as a staple, it's the fire fighter all the way!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I heard about this aftershave from the wife of a gentleman who has a heavy beard and is a blade shaver. The product is promoted as being designed for just such a guy. Origins is reported to be an Estee Lauder subsidiary and in fact, we found it in the women's fragrance section of an upscale department store.

The packaging is attractive and the neat little 1.7 ounce bottle is very cute. The liquid has a slightly creamy consistency due to the aloe vera content. The scent is clean and nice, a bit of a lime smell, but nothing to write home about. Since there is no alcohol, it is soothing and comfortable to splash on after shaving.

But that's where it ends, because the scent -- subtle and low key in the first place -- disappears completely within one minute after being applied. I mean, nothing!

The product itself is nice, but if you're expecting that scent to last a while, you'll be disappointed. And at $15 for less than two ounces, it's a loser in my opinion. My suggestion -- don't waste your money.
Top Bottom