What's new

Fine Badger Shaving Brush

Pros: soft, durable, very consistent
Cons: expensive
This was my first shaving brush and was a great gateway into wet shaving.
Is it expensive? Yes, but there are some very important positives that go with it. This brush worked great out of the box and didn't have any funk to it in the beginning. That made it extremely beginner friendly! It was also very easy to lather.

I've had mine for 6 years and it has held up amazingly well. After a good wash it still looks and performs like brand new.

If this cost $60-$75 I would feel great giving this a 9+ rating. It's a really good brush from a not-so-sexy brand that costs too much, but it is still a really good brush.

It's a good, but not great, hard soap brush and a pretty good face latherer, but I personally prefer the Semogue SOC two band for my uses.
When I'm looking for something softer I'd rather reach for my Semogue 830 or Plissoft brush, but I can't really fault the AoS in any way. Maybe I will look into transferring the knot into a custom handle to rekindle some excitement...
Price
2.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Soft, Compact, Classy, Solid Lathering Ability.
Cons: Expensive.
I picked up the AOS 'fine' badger shave brush a while back and decided to take it on its maiden voyage this evening. I have to say I am impressed with its out-of-the-box performance.

The brush is soft and creates lather easily. On the face it is a joy to use and holds plenty of lather for 3 passes. I prefer the smaller brush to the larger brush, this brush is just the right size for my scuttle. Obviously if you want to apply a 1/2" of lather per pass, you need a larger brush ;)

Like many reviewers have mentioned about AOS products, they are expensive for what you get. This brush is no exception. The brush is very nice, but $100 nice? I'm not sure about that... we will have to see how it holds up over time.

This brush performs very well straight out of the box, is soft, creates/carries lather well, is compact, and looks great, it's expensive. From what I have seen the brush will get better with time as it breaks in and it will be considered a worthy investment.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)