What's new

Fendrihan Pure Badger Hair Brush

Item Description

I haven't seen a review of Fendrihan's "store" brand shaving brush, so I thought I'd correct that. Wasn't sure if the moderators would have a problem with a review of brush that was only available from a specific retailer- but I figure if it violates some rule they'll just delete the post.

Price:

This is a pure grey badger haired brush and was one of the cheapest badger brushes I was able to find. At about 23 dollars Cdn it's a good price.

Quality:

Keeping in mind it's "pure" grade badger hair, it's a very well put together brush. The knot is tight, It hasn't shed many hairs and the finish is quite good. No noticeable flaws.

Density:

Very dense- the birds eye view photo is after it's been used a few times. See for yourself.

Stiffness of tips:

very stiff- similar actually to my omega boar brush

Softness of tips:

Loses marks here- kinda scratchy. I'm hoping it'll soften up a little after a few more days of use.

Ergonomic:

It's a big knot. 23mm diameter, 53mm loft. I wear a goatee and find it slightly unwieldy to maneuver. For most people without facial hair this would actually be a plus and you'd likely rate it higher.

Latherability:

Holy mackerel does it make lather. A few passes around my proraso soap dish and it's wickedly charged. Lathering on the face is much faster than with my boar brush. Bowl lathering produces considerable amounts of lather- much more than you would ever need.

overall:

Wet badger smell is one strong scent. I actually have trouble smelling my proraso's lather with this thing. It should die down shortly though. For the price I think this is a great buy.

You should also know:
I have only owned 4 brushes so far- 2 boar brushes, one synthetic and now this badger hair brush. Someone more familiar with badger brushes may rate it differently.

The first two pictures are after it's been used a few times. The last photo was as it came out of the box.
View attachment 49034

View attachment 49035

View attachment 49036

Latest reviews

Positive :
- it is inexpensive.
- It makes great lather .
- Only lost a couple of hairs.

Negative :
- It is really scratchy, even after 10 uses.
(when i looked with a magnifier, a lot of the hairs were trimmed )
- The smell is almost gone now , but when I used it first time the smell of a wet dog was really overwelming.

Conclusion:
This brush is almost the same price as boar brush.
For about 23$ Can. , it is a good deal for someone starting.
I would recommend this to someone who wants to start with a real badger brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I haven't seen a review of Fendrihan's "store" brand shaving brush, so I thought I'd correct that. Wasn't sure if the moderators would have a problem with a review of brush that was only available from a specific retailer- but I figure if it violates some rule they'll just delete the post.

Price:

This is a pure grey badger haired brush and was one of the cheapest badger brushes I was able to find. At about 23 dollars Cdn it's a good price.

Quality:

Keeping in mind it's "pure" grade badger hair, it's a very well put together brush. The knot is tight, It hasn't shed many hairs and the finish is quite good. No noticeable flaws.

Density:

Very dense- the birds eye view photo is after it's been used a few times. See for yourself.

Stiffness of tips:

very stiff- similar actually to my omega boar brush

Softness of tips:

Loses marks here- kinda scratchy. I'm hoping it'll soften up a little after a few more days of use.

Ergonomic:

It's a big knot. 23mm diameter, 53mm loft. I wear a goatee and find it slightly unwieldy to maneuver. For most people without facial hair this would actually be a plus and you'd likely rate it higher.

Latherability:

Holy mackerel does it make lather. A few passes around my proraso soap dish and it's wickedly charged. Lathering on the face is much faster than with my boar brush. Bowl lathering produces considerable amounts of lather- much more than you would ever need.

overall:

Wet badger smell is one strong scent. I actually have trouble smelling my proraso's lather with this thing. It should die down shortly though. For the price I think this is a great buy.

You should also know:
I have only owned 4 brushes so far- 2 boar brushes, one synthetic and now this badger hair brush. Someone more familiar with badger brushes may rate it differently.

The first two pictures are after it's been used a few times. The last photo was as it came out of the box.
View attachment 49034

View attachment 49035

View attachment 49036
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability