What's new

Feintechnik Croma Stabil Stainless

I used these blades along with Proraso cream & 40's Superspeed. Overall impression is they strike a good balance between sharpness and smoothness. Closer shave than Merkurs, similar smoothness to Dorco ST-300. I still prefer Lord Stainless, but these are very close.

Price: Unknown; My Barber gave them to me for the grand sum of zero.

Quality: Performs very well for the first two shaves. Very usable for up to four shaves, getting unacceptably rough at sixth shave and beyond.

Sharpness: Similar to Derby blades. Sharp enough to get the job done, but you're not going to get BBS without working for it.

Longevity: As mentioned before, the good performance lasts for two shaves, though the blade remains usable for five. I wouldn't suggest pushing them further.

Smoothness: Similar to Dorco ST-300 blades, no pulling or irritation for the first four shaves. Starts to pull very slightly on the fifth shave, and declines from there.

Packaging: Average. 10 pieces come in a cardboard box, individually wrapped in wax paper.

While not earning a place in my regular rotation, I will keep these blades in reserve, and may see about getting a few more from my Barber. If you like Lord Stainless blades, and can find these locally, they might be worth a try.

The manufacturer website is here: http://www.feintechnik.com
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave