What's new

Feather Artist Club- Non folding

Item Description

Picked this up on ebay a couple weeks ago and could not be happier. This is a slick razor with a great modern design. It fits and works well in your hand. It is the Japanese non folding style with the replaceable feather blades. It is easy to place new blades in it. With a light touch and with the side of the blade holder against your skin it provides an exceptional shave. Handled lightly it gave a BBS shave in two passes. To much pressure or angle and it will take a layer of skin with it. There are pro-guard blades that make it bit safer to use.
I have a rotation of @50 str8 razors, including an Iwasaki and this is becoming my go to razor when I am in a bit of a rush. Unlike the Iwasaki, you don't concern yourself with what side of the blade you use. It is very quick to use and is alway sharp as you replace the blade as it becomes dull. The blades seem good for @6-7 shaves for me. I have only a medium beard.
I rate it highly and suggest it. Its cost is comparable to getting a reasonably good folding straight. :thumbup:

Latest reviews

This is my second Feather AC, the first being an RG (of which all are folding). I found this to shave closer, and was much easier to hold than the RG. Craftmanship is excellent, blade insertion and removal couldn't be easier (true for all Fearher AC).
Price
2.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
1.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
5.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
1.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
5.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness
4.00 star(s)
Picked this up on ebay a couple weeks ago and could not be happier. This is a slick razor with a great modern design. It fits and works well in your hand. It is the Japanese non folding style with the replaceable feather blades. It is easy to place new blades in it. With a light touch and with the side of the blade holder against your skin it provides an exceptional shave. Handled lightly it gave a BBS shave in two passes. To much pressure or angle and it will take a layer of skin with it. There are pro-guard blades that make it bit safer to use.
I have a rotation of @50 str8 razors, including an Iwasaki and this is becoming my go to razor when I am in a bit of a rush. Unlike the Iwasaki, you don't concern yourself with what side of the blade you use. It is very quick to use and is alway sharp as you replace the blade as it becomes dull. The blades seem good for @6-7 shaves for me. I have only a medium beard.
I rate it highly and suggest it. Its cost is comparable to getting a reasonably good folding straight. :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
3.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
5.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
5.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness
5.00 star(s)