What's new

Faulding Cream in a Tube

Item Description

You can get this product just about anywhere. Supermarkets, Chemists. etc.
It's very cheap at around $3.50 for a 75g tube.
Basic makeup of Water,Stearic Acid,Potassium Hydroxide,Coco nut Acid,Glycerin,Coconut Oil and Fragrance.

The scent is a light soapy smell, makes you think of a barbers shop.
It will lather acceptably well on your face or cream up in a bowl.

Not a particularly heavy lather & you need more cream if using a bowl but provides a lasting lather both in the bowl and on your face.

Not harsh on the skin and does not leave your skin feeling dry.

With the price taken into consideration it becomes a good usable budget shave cream.

Latest reviews

Pros: Lathers well on face.
Provides good lube for SR shaving.
Very good value.
Cons: Not readily available outside of Australia.
You need about twice as much as Proraso green to get the same amount of useable lather.
I used this cream for years DE shaving while in Australia. For some unknown reason I switched to Nivea for Men Sensitive cream while later cart shaving.

Moved to the Philippines where no shaving cream were readily available, so let on buying my Nivea whenever visiting Australia. In 2019 I started SR shaving. Later when visiting Australia I found that the Nivea was no longer available, so I switched back to Sanofi. I'm glad that I did. It was much better than the Nivea for SR shaving.

I now also have some Proraso green cream that I imported from Italy. The Proraso green is great and the Sanofi is or par, if you use about twice as much.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, ubiquitous, simple, natural and your grandfather would recognise it
Cons: Pretty basic: you're not really spoiling yourself with Faulding
Faulding shave is a product from a bygone era. The ingredient list is so simple your grandfather would recognise it and you could probably make it in the back shed given half a chance.

But don't be fooled. This is a seriously good product. It's basically just a soft soap, with the addition of glycerine, and it has a light lavender fragrance that beckons you from an old-fashioned barbershop lost in the mists of time.

It sits forlorn and mostly ignored in the shaving aisle in most Aussie supermarkets, surrounded by various commercial canned goops like the last Brownstone on a block of skyscrapers. But it's half the price of those impostors and twice the product.

The average age of the guys I see buying this stuff is pretty advanced, and I've longed dreaded the day when they go to the great shaving den in the sky and Faulding Shave finally disappears altogether.

Whips up a fantastic lather, hand or brush, face or bowl. It's just the little shaving cream that could.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Builds a good lather, a clean not over powering scent, good availablity (in Australia), good priice
Cons: None
I have been using this for years, it’s a great product that I always have at hand. I trying more creams and soaps at present, but I always come back to this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)