What's new

Fahrenheit by Dior

Grey Flannel meets 93 octane super unleaded. It is a warm, floral, chemical scent that is not without its appeal. I actually prefer it to Gray Flannel, but it is dated now, and I do not see a comeback in its near future.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

proxy.php

Fahrenheit . . . there's no reviews of this on here until now? Used the B&B search function repeatedly to no effect, so here it is.

Someone once mentioned that Fahrenheit is a lot like what Grey Flannel would be if it was in touch with its feminine side. Grey Flannel in a dress. There's some truth to this. The citrus/violet leaf/sandalwood concept is similar, although I find the actual notes in this fragrance somewhat hard to pin down. This is more abstract than Grey Flannel. The top is dominated by what is famously considered Fahrenheit's "Petrol" note - it closely resembles gasoline. When I first tried Fahrenheit, I was tempted to think that this note was quick off the top and rapidly opened up into the florals which truly dominate the scent, but with subsequent wearings, I've learned that this accord sticks around through Fahrenheit's lifetime.

The florals do appear quickly, however. I'm not going to pretend to smell anything but what I really smell here - I'm getting honeysuckle and violets, sweet violets. There's a clean musk underlying it for support, and definite tonka bean warmth. The jasmine and lily of the valley are very fuzzy renditions, definitely there, but like an abstract white floral thing underlying the violet sweetness.

It's masculine enough due to the motor oil facet built into it, but feminine by its florals, and I find that it has gentle but prominent sillage and smells very good up close to the skin. Not sure why this gets such a brutal rating by members on Basenotes - I don't find it to be that controversial or off-putting. This stuff seems like bedroom material to me.

And not the grey flannel pajama kind of bedroom material, if you know what I mean . . .

The bottle is beautiful, faded glass. The box is a bit dull, but I guess it matches. The atomizer is fine.

I like Fahrenheit. A classic that still has it. Don't forget it.

Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)