What's new

Exibition Grade Elephant Ivory 5/8 JA Henckels

Odd. I thought that the use of elephant ivory had been banned. Personally I have no problem with it, as long as it's old ivory - why waste such a resource? The scales look a bith thicker than my 1820's ivory-scaled razor - presumably that was reflected in the price? I'd be interested to know.:drool:
joel said:
displayimage.php

This razor is a thing of sheer beauty. It's custom, hand-made elephant ivroy scales (Made by Mike Tomson) look and feel amazing, and it's mirror polished blade is in perfect order. Although this is an incredibly smooth shaving razor - due to its pricey handle, I do not use it much. All in all, I am a fan of Henckels straights and find them to live up to their lofty reputation. :thumbup1:
Nice blade! Out of my price range I bet.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
0.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
0.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
0.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
0.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness
0.00 star(s)
Beautiful razor, Joel.
displayimage.php

This razor is a thing of sheer beauty. It's custom, hand-made elephant ivroy scales (Made by Mike Tomson) look and feel amazing, and it's mirror polished blade is in perfect order. Although this is an incredibly smooth shaving razor - due to its pricey handle, I do not use it much. All in all, I am a fan of Henckels straights and find them to live up to their lofty reputation. :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Lasting Edge
4.00 star(s)
Craftsmanship
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Sharpen
4.00 star(s)
Easy to Maintain
4.00 star(s)
Shaving Smoothness
4.00 star(s)