What's new

Everyman Jack Cooling Gel

Item Description

For me, this is definitely one of the more cooling products out there. Not just a hint of cooling after a minute or two, but full-blown, in-your-face menthol.
The best comparison I can think of is with Baxter's of California, only because they seem to have a very similar texture. This stuff is sort of an opaque gel, heavier than something like the JASON 6-in-1 lotion, but lighter than Skin Food. The scent is fairly clean - mostly menthol with a hint of citrus I think - it won't win any scent awards, but it won't put anyone off either.. and the scent fades very quickly. When I did a cheek-to-cheek comparison with Baxter's, the Everyman gel seemed to moisturize better. (Hate to pick on Baxter's, I think they have a great product). But for under $5, it's hard to not justify trying this stuff out - especially if you like Baxter's.

Latest reviews

I also did not care for this product. I received two bottles in a trade when I first started wet shaving and they did nothing to help improve my shave. The cooling effect was very noticeable, but was more of a burning sensation from the menthol perhaps? Much worse than alcohol in balms which I quite like. I ended up tossing both of my bottles out. The worst part was the slime-y residue it left on my skin afterwards. Not moisturizing whatsoever. Your skin does not absorb this nasty chemical. If you're looking for an inexpensive after-shave, get Nivea instead, your face will thank you!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
D
I grabbed this product looking for a cheaper alternative to skin food, gentlemen's refinery, and whatnot.

I use my aftershave as a moisturizer even when I don't shave, so that's how I tried it and I can honestly say...

This stuff's awful. It left a dry residue on my face. Not a nice sealing moist/sticky residue like skin food, but an unpleasant dry sediment.

Further, I get really dry hands in my Buffalo winters, but a decent aftershave helps since it hits my hands before it hits my face (dur.) This stuff irritated the hell out of my hands. They're all dry and itchy now 4 hours later. I can't imagine what this stuff would do to someone with sensitive skin on their face. Yikes!

I'm throwing this junk out as soon as I get home. I'll stick with Nivea for a grocery store aftershave until my good stuff shows up in the mail.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
I really like this stuff, except for one thing...

The scent is nice, but not particularly special. Minty menthol.

The cooling effect is incredible. Proraso + this stuff on a brisk morning will really wake you up as you step out the door. I'm a big fan of menthol cooling, so I love this.

It moisturizes fairly well and leaves your face feeling nice once it's fully absorbed, BUT while it's drying your face feels like it's been dipped in maple syrup. It's incredibly tacky, enough that your hand will stick to your cheek. When I look down after applying this stuff, my neck sticks to itself. This is the only thing I don't like about this product. For the price/performance, though, I can handle the tackiness. Still, it does keep me from using the product as often as I might if it didn't get tacky.

If you're at Target, pick a tube of this up. It's only $5 and, if you can handle the stickiness, it'll cool your face like no other.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)