What's new

Every Man Jack Face Lotion, Post-Shave

D
Decent stuff. Nice scent, readily available, priced well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
This stuff is OK. I have very sensitive skin and this will irritate my face unless I prep really well ir use a pre-shave oil.
Every Man Jack Face Lotion, Post-Shave is an excellent product, and at around $5 a tube, even the most penny pinching among us can sleep easy knowing they got a fantastic bargain.

I. Personal Details:

I've been wet shaving for about a year now, I am a daily shaver, and I have sensitive skin. I have been using EMJ face lotion for just over 6 months at least 5 times a week (usually closer to 7).

II. Product Specs:

EMJ is a dermatologist approved facial lotion that contains menthyl to sooth skin, marine extracts and shea butter to moisturize, and aloe + vitamin E to protect. Also, EMJ face lotion contains no parabens, no phthalates, no dyes, no sodium lauryl sulfate, and is not tested on animals. EMJ recommends that you should use the product every morning and night, and always after shaving.

III. Opinions:

EMJ face lotion is a fantastic product for a myriad of reasons.

A. Price: EMJ can be found at Target in the shaving aisle for ~$5 a tube, which is very reasonable, considering the quality of the product. With a single daily use, a single tube should last at least 1.5 - 2 months. If you worked it out for two months, it would only cost you $0.083 a day to use. Now that's a bargain!

B. Quality: EMJ is a very high quality product. After having gone through several tubes, I have found the product to be extremely consistent, not only from use to use, but from tube to tube as well. Since I have sensitive skin, I have to be careful about what products I use. I have never had a bad experience with EMJ.

C. Moisturizing: EMJ is an excellent moisturizer for my skin. While it may not moisturize as much as say Nivea for Men after shave balm(another good low cost product), it is significantly lighter. While Nivea is thick and kind of "free flowing", EMJ is significantly creamier and firmer. If you've ever had that problem with Nivea where it kind of runs down your face as you rub it in, you'll never have to worry about that with EMJ. EMJ is very smooth, rubs in quickly, and sits much lighter on your face. I actually use it at night as a moisturizer as well as in the morning, as it has performed just as well, if not better, in that function as many other products (Nivea For Men Moisturizer included). While it works great for me with my sensitive skin, men with drier skin may need something with a bit more oomph to it than EMJ. But then again, at only $5 a tube, you can afford to experiment.

D. Scent: EMJ face lotion has their signature mint scent, the same as many of the other products in the EMJ line. The mint is very light, just enough there that you can smell it without being overwhelmed. Also, the scent disappears very quickly (roughly 10 - 15 minutes), so it won't interfere with your cologne. Personally, I find that the scent is invigorating, and helps me wake up in the morning.

E. Efficacy: With EMJ, a little goes a long way. Just a tiny dollop for each cheek, and another for the forehead and nose, and you are good to go. It does what it says it's going to do, and then some.

F. Packaging: With the tube able to stand on the cap, it's always near the spout, ready for use. Also, I find the look of the tube to be rather cool, minimalist yet stylish. Also, I like that the company has a sense of humor. The back of the tube reads, "Will EMJ make the pain go away? Depends on your childhood."

IV. Closing

All in all, I found EMJ to be my go to face lotion. The reason why I am putting this review in the Skin and Body Care section instead of the after shave section is fairly simple. I find EMJ to be a face lotion first, and a post-shave lotion second. While EMJ can act as a post-shave lotion (a department where it excels), if I've had a particularly harsh shave, something designed for dealing with that is better. Even if I do use an aftershave, I still moisturize with EMJ after wards. A high quality product that is always consistent, EMJ is a gem. And at only $5 a tube, one would have to be daft to not give EMJ a shot. I guarantee that you'll be happy you did.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)