What's new

eShave White Tea shave cream

Pros: scent
Cons: none to speak of, slightly average performer
A nice smelling cream. The eshave products do a good job but don't deserve a premium price tag. Recommended as the scent is unusual and very pleasant.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: smell, creamy lather
Cons: none
one of the best shaving products I have used. problem is it's on the pricy side. If I find something that works as well for less I would go with that instead.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Slick lather, nice scent, great shave,
Cons: Tub a little on the small side
I got introduced EShave products courtesy my brother (he's using the Mandarin shave soap currently) while visiting him in New York City this past spring. I picked up a tub of the White Tea Shaving creap and companion ASB at their One Financial Centre store near the World Trade Centre/Freedom Tower.

Using this shaving cream with my Muhle silver tip brush and either my Edwin Jagger Chatsworth or EJDE89 razors, I get nothing but silky smooth shaves with no cuts. The white tea is really nice for first thing in the morning and my face still feels pretty smooth after dinner. I can't recommend this shaving cream enough. At some point I want to try the Verbana/Lime.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price - 20 dollars for 4 oz. is on the high side but the more I use it the less I find I need to use. I've gone from an almond sized amount to a peanut sized chunk of cream.

Quality - This cream is quite soap like. I bowl lather and it initially looks like a soap and I add droplets of water to it (just like a soap) until I like the lather.

Scent - Soapy and mild. I was surprised by how many scent ingredients were involved (tarragon? I didn't pick up on the tarragon).

Latherability - Very good. Does not explode, you work it like a soap.

Efficacy - I normally do 3 passes and then some cleanup but I enjoyed shaving with this so much I've done up to 5 passes. Great lather and my face felt great afterwards.

Moisturizing - I use the White Tea balm afterwards but I think this cream does some moisturizing on it's own.

Packaging - I'd prefer a wider jar but I use a plastic knife to scoop out the cream so this works. It is kind of like a mini AOS shave cream jar.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is a very nice cream. Many people have commented on the unique scent. To me it smells like fresh-cut mango. It also reminds me of my business trips to Japan, where this smell is very popular and is often found in free toiletries that are offered in hotels. Because I enjoy my trips there, I like this cream for the nostalgia value. Highly recommended.
I recently added this cream to my collection, having tried a sample my wife picked up for me. I like the cream a lot and am having some very good shaves with it (paired with a Merkur 34D and an Astra blade at the moment).

I think the price is in-line with other high-end creams, and I would say, so far, that you can use an even smaller dab in the shave mug than you might with some others, so on the whole I think it's reasonable priced for the level of product.

The quality is extremely high. Agreed with the other reviewer who compared it to 'butter cream frosting.' It just has a very rich, smoothy, creamy quality in the tub.

The scent is very appealing and, to my nose, on the lighter side, which I like. I don't like it as much as the scent on my AOS Sandalwood cream, but it is a pleasing fragrance.

Latherability is good with this cream. I don't think I've perfectly nailed the water-in-the-brush to cream-in-the mug ratio just yet, but I'm close. I find the lather ever so slightly on the heavy side, which isn't really a problem, but I've notice that it comes out a bit heavier than, say, AOS or Trumpers.

Efficacy is good. I'm not getting any nicks or dragging, and I'm getting DFS with this cream quite easily. Efficacy at a 9 because...

...I don't find this cream very moisturizing. If anything, it seems a bit drying. It hasn't been a problem, or enough of one, to keep me from using and enjoying the cream, but I definitely have noticed it leaves my face a bit dry compared to other creams I've used.

Packaging is modern and appealing.

I would be interested to try some other eShave products, based on my success with this.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is a great product from a line that was unknown to me. My barber highly recommended it, gave me a sample, and i subsequently returned the next day and bought the cream.

Package: meh. i usually dont care about packaging, so i wont give it a bad rating.

Price: i can deal with it, since you only need a small amount for lathering

Quality: i agree with the above review; almost frosting like, very easy to get out of the container.

Scent: eShave products are mostly unisex as far as scent goes, but i think this is a perfectly good scent for guys, particularly in the summer. to me, it is a very fresh, light, scent that has a good balance of sweetness and tartness to it. i also love how it smells after it has been lathered; i have some creams of which the smell fades or even smells bad when i lather them, so this is a huge plus for me.

Latherability: lathers like a champ. on par with taylor's

Efficacy: leaves my face very smooth after the first pass, allowing for remaining passes to be effortless. the cream does not dry or create any drag whatsoever.

Moisturizing: not usually an area of concern for me as my skin is somewhat oily, but i love how soft this makes my skin feel. great moisturizing cream

this cream has earned a permanent spot in my rotation. A+ product
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: I thought it was a little pricey for the quantity; however, it was not unreasonable or I would not have purchased it.

Quality: This justifies the aforementioned price. This is a good product. Inside the container, it is the consistency of a buttercream frosting if you will. Scent and consistency are uniform.

Scent: I have to admit, it is not what I expected. Yes, I like the scent, but to be honest, it smells like something my wife would use from Bath and Body Works. However, it is manly in that there is a small bit of spice and a strong citrus smell. In addition, the smell dissipates soon after application of the lather. No fruity after notes.

Latherability: Again, this is where it can charge $24. This just explodes off of the brush when lathering. It was not a labor intensive lathering process. Creates a nice, fluffy yet thick lather.

Efficacy: Excellent. I feel like I get just as good if not better a shave than I get with the 3T's. It has become part of my regular rotation.

Moisturizing: It works well for sensitive skin, but I did not feel a moisture infusion similar to when I shave with Taylor's Avocado. The main point is that it is in no way a drying cream.

Packaging: This isn't a big issue for me, so I rated it a 10.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I got of some of this when i ordered a razor from e-shave, it smells great, and lathers well with or w/o a brush
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Excellent stuff. Lathers up quickly and produces a amazing smelling beautiful lather. Great quality stuff, comparable to the 3T's. Highly recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Very high quality product with interesting scent. It reminds me of Taylors Avacado in a way. The only thing I dont like it the packaging. The tube is to narrow to load the brush the normal way.

Also, the ASB is wonderful!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Not as "tea-y" as one would suspect. I normally love the scent of white tea, heck I stock supply in the Guava White Tea leaf in my house. This was more citrus/floral based than anything tea, more "girly" if anything else. But that is okay. E-Shave's cream is top notch quality. On par with the Three "Ts". Great lather. Smooth shave. Leaves a strong scent after your shave. Shipping from their store was horrible and it took forever for me to get this, however I would recommend you try this cream in the sampler first before buying a tub.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Picked this up awhile ago. I smelt all thier creams and decided on this one. Very unique, different, and pretty strong smelling. I have felt some irriation from using this cream before but it doesn't happen all the time.
Not the slickest stuff in the world but something worth trying.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This cream has a great scent, lathers up well and provides a nice and smooth shave. Even though it isn't as inexpensive as some creams, it is very dense and you don't need much to get multiple passes. It is quite good at moisturizing, and the packaging is nice from the standpoint that the label is on the side and not just on the top. In order to know which cream is which from Trumper and Taylor I have had to make labels for the sides of the tubs, but this one has a label already. Highly recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Outstanding this is my favorite shave cream. As a person with sensitive skin, this product has been excellent, as has been the after shave soother and the moisturizer.

Cheers!
Porcine
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Great SC, this is my favorite scent that I've tried so far. The lather isn't as moisturizing as AOS, but it's pretty close. Overall I've been getting great shaves with this, and I don't think I'll be getting tired of the scent anytime soon.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I also got this as part of the $5.00 sampler. The scent is fairly flowery, but not as sweet as their "Floris" cream, which they nicely through in. It lathers well. I'm not sure about moisturizing because I always follow up with the matching ASB. It does an excellent job.

-Casey
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This stuff smell divine. It's so different from anything else I have ever tried, such a refreshing change. The lather is very creamy and dense, reminds me of a glycerin soap. I feel this to be the smoothest cream I have ever tried, and good for multiple passes. Extremely irritation free. This cream deserves respect.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
The smell on this stuff is amazing. It might be one of the better creams from a smell stand point. It also lathers relatively well. I did find it to be rather lacking from a moisturizing and smooth shave perspective. It did an adequate job, but did not create the same time of smooth barrier of Proraso. Overall, I think it's a quality product, but the prices are certainly not cheap. It's worth a try, but there's also better out there.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I'm a fan of the white tea from eShave (I think I called it Green Tea in other posts...whoops). The smell is indeed quite nice. They also make an aftershave balm in this sent if you want to go straight tea for a day. Check out the sampler (for $12 at eshave.com) if you want to check out their product line.

P.S. Gave the packaging a low score because I tried it from the sampler box.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)