What's new

eShave cucumber shaving cream

Background - I got this shaving cream following SWMBO recommendation. I was going to buy a different scent but, apparently, cucumber is a clean scent. I decided to go for it as I never saw any other cucumber scented shaving creams (there must be some)...

Price - A bit pricey down under. Around $35 AUD. I was expecting something above average for that price and I got it...

Quality - Quality is in, this product is in the same category than GFT and TOBS.

Scent - Cucumber and only cucumber. You cannot find anything else. I think it's all right but as written up here, cucumber wasn't my first choice. Things I do sometimes... :001_rolle

Latherability - This cream is one of the easier and thickest lather I've had.

Efficacy - The jar mentions that razor burn will be a thing of the past with this product. I didn't get much razor burn to start with but I do have to agree that I feel an 'extra' protection!

Moisturizing Properties - Yes, I feel refreshed!

Packaging - Simple twist jar, that's all right!

I used this product with a few straight razors, my Gillette NEW w/Bull Mastiff handle, Muhle Silvertip brush and Men-U Boar brush.

Would I buy it again? Maybe not. SWMBO like the scent but I get good comments from other soaps too. Since I'm 50/50 on the scent, I would probably go for something else next time!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Had my best shave to date using this cream, lathers beautifully with a small amount, smelt divine (being the fisherman I am, I got odd looks from my mother as describing it as smelling of 'Smelt'). Top product IMHO.

T
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I got a sample of this with the Eshave sampler kit & it lathered well but it made my face itch so I never shaved with it.
I grow cucumbers so I can vouch that it smells just like fresh cucumbers just picked out of the garden & sliced up! I hope no one puts it in their salad.
Scotty :001_tongu
I got a sample of this shave cream (with aftershave balm) from eshave and I must admit it lathers extremely easily and does the job quite well in terms of getting a smooth, painless shave with little or no irritation. I just didn't like the scent of this one...at first when I smelled it in the jar I thought it reminded me of sushi (which at the very least intruiged me). Upon shaving with it I started to think it smelled more like the inside of a pumpkin (just after you open it up but before you scrape out the innards). Very "squashy" smelling. If you like this sort of thing, then this is the scent for you! It was at the very least interesting. It's just not my cup o' tea, I guess.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)