What's new

Erasmic Supreme Shave Stick

Item Description

Before I start, this is the new Erasmic supreme shave stick and not the cheap non tallow crud that comes in a cheap cardboard box.

This version of the Erasmic shave stick also doesn't have tallow in it (I can already hear people saying it's no good...must have tallow) Before you condemn this shave stick to the bargain bin of crud... this erasmic actually works a treat.

The stick comes in a plastic container with a screw top and a dial at the bottom to reveal more product, much akin to TOBS shaving sticks. Instructions on the packaging say to use a wet brush to pick up some soap from the stick and then start lathering on your face... I say sod that, just use it as a normal shave stick and believe me you will get a good amount of slick, creamy dense lather than does the job very well.

So lets see about the stick as a whole:

Price - It cost me £2.00 in my local cheap shop... luckily it was the last one on the shelf and have fortunately been able to find a chain of chemists that stock it regularly.

Quality and scent - Solid container with a good screw top, works well for travel and the soap itself smells of classic erasmic, like a old fashioned barbershop.

Lather - A good couple of minutes work with a decent brush will reward you with an excellent, creamy lather than shaves off with ease and will provide a good surface for razor glide. The lather retains its smell and feels really good first thing in the morning.

Efficacy- The effect is very good, makes you feel like your in a barbershop (used to go into one just round the corner from where I lived as a kid and the smell was always erasmic because the barber swore by it) and the resulting shave is superb.

Moisturising - Not bad, could be slightly better in this regard but to be fair no razor burn and generally with a good as balm will leave your face feeling good, smooth and clean.

I shaved this morning using a merkur 38c, an israeli personna blade and an omega pro 49.. the results were fantastic after me using this shave stick for a week using a variety of different blades, razors and brushes too.

Finally, if you have a savers or original factory shop near you in the U.K. go get some now, you won't be disappointed, If your not in the UK, you might want to speak to your vendors about getting some... Imo its just that good

Latest reviews

Before I start, this is the new Erasmic supreme shave stick and not the cheap non tallow crud that comes in a cheap cardboard box.

This version of the Erasmic shave stick also doesn't have tallow in it (I can already hear people saying it's no good...must have tallow) Before you condemn this shave stick to the bargain bin of crud... this erasmic actually works a treat.

The stick comes in a plastic container with a screw top and a dial at the bottom to reveal more product, much akin to TOBS shaving sticks. Instructions on the packaging say to use a wet brush to pick up some soap from the stick and then start lathering on your face... I say sod that, just use it as a normal shave stick and believe me you will get a good amount of slick, creamy dense lather than does the job very well.

So lets see about the stick as a whole:

Price - It cost me £2.00 in my local cheap shop... luckily it was the last one on the shelf and have fortunately been able to find a chain of chemists that stock it regularly.

Quality and scent - Solid container with a good screw top, works well for travel and the soap itself smells of classic erasmic, like a old fashioned barbershop.

Lather - A good couple of minutes work with a decent brush will reward you with an excellent, creamy lather than shaves off with ease and will provide a good surface for razor glide. The lather retains its smell and feels really good first thing in the morning.

Efficacy- The effect is very good, makes you feel like your in a barbershop (used to go into one just round the corner from where I lived as a kid and the smell was always erasmic because the barber swore by it) and the resulting shave is superb.

Moisturising - Not bad, could be slightly better in this regard but to be fair no razor burn and generally with a good as balm will leave your face feeling good, smooth and clean.

I shaved this morning using a merkur 38c, an israeli personna blade and an omega pro 49.. the results were fantastic after me using this shave stick for a week using a variety of different blades, razors and brushes too.

Finally, if you have a savers or original factory shop near you in the U.K. go get some now, you won't be disappointed, If your not in the UK, you might want to speak to your vendors about getting some... Imo its just that good

Item information

Added by
Bloomey
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Soaps (Reviews)

More from Bloomey

Top Bottom