What's new

English Leather

Item Description

Since, surprisingly, I haven't seen a review on this, I thought I'd be the first.

Price: I picked up a 100ml bottle at a drug store for about $15. Not outrageous by any means, but in the upper tier of 'drugstore' brands such as old spice, aqua velva, etc. The bottle is fantastic, glass, elegant, with a wooden, threaded top. Very nice.

Quality: Pretty good.

Fights Razor Burn: I don't experience much of this any more, but none appeared after using this. It was a nice, cool experience, sans the usual burn of an alcohol-based AS.

Scent: Described as "sharp, woods, arid, containing blends of citrus, woods, moss and leather." The scent is decent, light, and doesn't last very long. It's not as offensive as some drugstore AS.

Efficacy: Did what I wanted it to do.

Moisturizing: I haven't tried a plethora of AS like many here have, but this one is BY FAR the most moisturizing I've tried, and it does contain glycerin, so...

I could skip the balm afterwards if I wanted to, which is unheard of for me after using an alcohol splash.

Alcohol Burn: I admit that I look forward to the burn an alcohol splash provides, but I don't get it from this. It's nice and cooling, but very little, if any, of the burn I've come to love (and expect!) from an alcohol splash.

In all, a wonderfully packaged product that I'll likely always have around.

Latest reviews

Pros: readily available
Cons: duration of scent
Overall a quality AS with a pleasing and surprisingly light scent. My biggest complaint is that the scent goes away so quickly. I prefer a scent that lingers throughout the day, like Clubman, Brut or Old Spice. It's one of the more feminine smells for an AS, with lots of floral and powder in the initial blast, but a nice, clean after scent of leather and wood. It's also very modestly priced and comes in glass (most drug store AS now come in plastic).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice scent
Cons: None
Xmas gift last year from the wife and family. Love the heavy bottle and wooden cap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Classic Smell
Cons: NONE
Classic from the 1970's and 80's. I wear it in the winter time.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)