What's new

English Leather Shaving Soap Stick

Item Description

Got a stick on ebay because I love the hand soap so much. The hand soap as it is currently made reminds me a lot of Trumpers Spanish Leather, but obviously made with much cheaper fragrances and with more emphasis on rose in the smell. I like it a lot, and for the price (£1.75 for 4 bars!) it's a deal.

The stick is ancient, it cost 12p when new (price sticker is still there!) and has no listing of weight, best before or ingredients. It was unused, and came in foil in a cardboard box much like the familiar cheap shave sticks today such as Erasmic. The scent was a little faint, and seemed much more akin to Spanish Leather than the current hand soap- more wood aromas. The scent seems to have lasted well, and it exploded when I lathered up. Lovely.

Lather was as good as any other cheap shave soap (eg Palmolive) and provided a wonderfully close shave.
Finished off with Spanish Leather cologne, fantastic. I only want to know why it isn't still available.

Latest reviews

Got a stick on ebay because I love the hand soap so much. The hand soap as it is currently made reminds me a lot of Trumpers Spanish Leather, but obviously made with much cheaper fragrances and with more emphasis on rose in the smell. I like it a lot, and for the price (£1.75 for 4 bars!) it's a deal.

The stick is ancient, it cost 12p when new (price sticker is still there!) and has no listing of weight, best before or ingredients. It was unused, and came in foil in a cardboard box much like the familiar cheap shave sticks today such as Erasmic. The scent was a little faint, and seemed much more akin to Spanish Leather than the current hand soap- more wood aromas. The scent seems to have lasted well, and it exploded when I lathered up. Lovely.

Lather was as good as any other cheap shave soap (eg Palmolive) and provided a wonderfully close shave.
Finished off with Spanish Leather cologne, fantastic. I only want to know why it isn't still available.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)