What's new

Em's "Skindicinal" After Shave Balm

This is the first aftershave balm I have tried from Emily. Good stuff indeed. It's not too heavy and it's not too light. The first thing I noticed is that it smells almost like a Gin & Tonic. Seriously. Don't worry if you don't like them the scent wears off. It does a great job on my face and no matter what else I try nothing seems to work quite as well as this balm. Try her products, you'll like them and the service is great.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Emily and the folks at Em's place make some great aftershave products. I am particularly enamoured of her aftershave splashes, but that is another story. The aftershave soother and light moisture balm is a great product. The balm is a fairly loose consistency, and provides just the right amount of moisturizing properties. There are a variety of EO scents avaiolable depending on your mood. In this case, I am reviewing the "skindicinal" blend, which has goodies like tea tree oil, witch hazel, and other stuff to soothe the skin. Here is the full ingredient list:

Aqua (Water), Cocos nucifera (Coconut), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax NF (Vegetable Source), Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba), Aloe barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Palm Stearic Acid (Natural Source), Lecithin (Natural Source), Citric Acid (Fruit Source), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Azadirachta indica (Neem) Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Salix nigra (Black Willow Bark) Extract, Methyl/Propyl Parabens (Food Grade Preservatives in trace amount) and essential oils as applicable.

And in a description of the "skindicinal"scent:
Eucalyptus, Lavender, Tea Tree and Myrrh. Has a fresh, light, camphoraceous aroma with a sweet, balsamic undertone.​
The scent is very light, and has a nice smokiness from the myrrh. I love to say myrrh. Bear with me a second. Myrrh. Myrrh. Myrrh. Now I feel better. By the way, the scent doesn't linger, so no worries about interference with your cologne. It is one of those scents that makes you go "hmmm. What was that? That was interestng..."

Anyway, this is great stuff. A small amount goes a long way, so the price isn't bad at all. I will always have some Em's ASB as part of my arsenal.
Top Bottom