What's new

Em's Minty Menthol Aftershave splash

I was so happy when first trying this product!! I wanted a toner/splash I could use post shave that would have a cooling effect with minimal alcohol burn. Thayer's After Shave is good but depending on my shave can sometimes burn too much.

This was my first experience with Em's. I ordered the splash with the Minty Menthol Aftershave. Both are great products. As far as after shaves go, I still prefer Gentlemen's Refinery overall, but this is close behind. As far as toners go, Em's is my new top pick!! I can't wait to try some more of her products.
I'm not a fan of this product. Like the previous review, I was disappointed when this failed to give me a cooling effect. Actually, it was a little iritating to my skin. The biggest negative is the smell. It smells like I was spraying my face with mint green tea. Too much of an herbal smell. I won't be buying this again.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Great stuff. I am a huge fan of Em's splashes. This one smells like spearmint gum to me. Very effective.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price: 4oz. for $8.35 doesn't make it cheap, but it's not terribly expensive either. There are easily worse products out there that cost a lot more

Quality: I love this stuff. It feels so good on the face. The witch-hazel and rosemary hydrosol tones, the menthol cools and tingles, just fantastic. Here is the list of the ingredients.
Rosemary Hydrosol, Witch Hazel distillate (from Hamamelis virginana), Glycerin, Jojoba, Vit. E., Rosemary Extract, Black Willow Bark Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Vit. C and Essential Oils of Peppermint, Rosemary, Spearmint and Frankincense.

Fights Razor Burn: Does a great job on the burn, but any extra raw areas or nicks may sting (very) slightly from the menthol and peppermint. That sting is quickly replaced by a wonderful cooling sensation.

Cooling Sensation: Ice bucket on the face... this and any icy A/S balm (proraso, CAR peppermint, Baxter's, etc.) is a must in hot weather. Just a great feeling.

Scent: Not good, not bad. Kind of like minty proraso with something else I can't put my finger on. By no means intolerable, and I can see how certain people would rather enjoy it. Fades quickly.

Efficacy: Well, what do you want it to do? Great for cooling and cutting any heavy balms. Witch hazel and hydrosol tones, while the EO's provide some moisture. Can sting if you get to agressive with the razor (I've been butchering myself testing GEM's and Injector's this week and sometimes I'll have a little sting after applying this splash). It does what I ask from it, but for those looking for more moisture and soothing road rash might need a bit more.

Moisturizing For those with oily skin, this is all you need, tones, refreshes, tightens poors, and leaves you feeling great. For dryer skin (or weather) you might need to add a balm.

No Alcohol Burn No Alchohol, No Alcohol burn.

Overall: I love this stuff. But I also love having a frigid face. I'm about to move to Thailand and plan on stocking up because in hot weather, there is no better A/S for me. Cold water rinse, pat face dry, spritz my face until the chin drips a bit, and let my face freeze as I air dry. After that, I've got all the moisture I need for the day, and a big *** grin to boot.
Top Bottom