What's new

Elsha 1776 Cologne (formerly Elsha Russian Leather)

I had a generous sample of this from a friend last year and I found this to be a very unusual and interesting fragrance. I generally hate sweet mens' fragrances, and this is a bit sweet, but for reasons related mostly to the "old time" sensibility of this, I didn't mind the sweetness. Add to that that it is enigmatic in that it has good staying power but is not too strong or forward. That is, it won't get you a bad reputation among the staff in your office as the "perfume guy"; as in the "perfume guy" is coming down the hall. Is it a leather fragrance, well, leather is "in there". A bit like Knize Ten? Well, maybe a little, but not much. How about Royal Leather by Creed? Not really like that at all, it lacks that orange peel thing that RL has. It is unique; inexpensive; is supposed to have an illustrious past with the Russian royalty and nobility (of which I am more than a touch incredulous); and it smells pretty nice if you like heritage fragrances. Not a party dude fragrance; not an old time dandy fragrance either, but for what it is pretty good. I realize this is a terrible review. So let me say its a mildly coke/root beer fragrance with a bit of motor oil and some soft glove leather in there. That's as close as I can get.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)