What's new

Edwin Jagger Ladies Mach3 Razors

The following is a review from my wife, Mrs. letterk.

------------------------------

Price: I received two Edwin Jagger razors from The English Shaving Company. The first one is the Edwin Jagger Ladies Lilac Gillette® Mach3® razor is priced at about $85 plus shipping with today’s exchange rates. The second razor is the Edwin Jagger Ladies Green Gillette® Mach3® razor going for about $55.

Quality: The quality of both of these razors is excellent. The plastic is smooth and the chrome accents seem to be of quality materials. The lilac razor is heavier and feels especially sturdy.

User Friendly: This razor is a piece of cake to use! Certainly does not take a rocket scientist.

Grip: Here’s where I noticed a significant difference between these two razors. Both feel nice to hold when dry, but I personally felt the mint one was a little slippery when wet. I did not feel the lilac one was slippery. One other difference is that the lilac one has a chrome rounded piece on the bottom which nicely fits the palm when shaving. However, both generally handle very nicely.

Ease of Blade Replacement: These razors or pretty simple with a Mach 2/Venus cartridge. The cartridge easily pops right off and is simple to replace. The mechanism to pop them on and off seems like it will hold up well over time.

Aggressiveness: This is a typical Mach 3 / Venus shave. It is not particularly aggressive and easy to use for a quick shave.

Adjustability: No need to adjust this one!

Balance: The mint razor is very evenly balanced and is a light razor. The lilac razor is much heavier on the handle due to the chrome piece. However, due to the way it sits in your hand it does not feel awkward.

Overall Quality: Both of these razors would make a great Christmas gift for any lady. They are quality products that not only look very nice, but work well. I think they would be used for many years and far more lovely than the disposable type. They just make you feel a little fancy!

Ratings (Mint):
Price: 8
Quality: 10
User Friendly: 10
Grip: 7
Ease of Replacement: 10
Aggressiveness: n/a
Adjustability: n/a
Balance: 9

Ratings (Lilac):
Price: 8
Quality: 10
User Friendly: 10
Grip: 9
Ease of Replacement: 10
Aggressiveness: n/a
Adjustability: n/a
Balance: 9

Agressiveness was not rated as that is a function of the cartridge, not the handle.

The photos:

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Please use this thread for discussion.
Top Bottom