What's new

Edwin Jagger Georgian

Pros: one of best razor i own
Cons: none
My review might be repeat of the previous reviewers ..

All I will say is this one is elegant, well balanced and gives a royal feeling when used.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
5.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
:biggrin: Hi Gents

This is a lovely razor, a real piece of art. The chrome head is flawless, really high quality, something that with care will last years and years. The thick handle will not be to everyones taste, I have a few razors, from long and thin to short and heavy. This razor is short and dumpy, but in a nice way. It sits well in my hand and feels great to the touch, vey smooth but big enough not to slide around when wet.

The shave is a little bit more aggressive than my Tech but not as aggressive as my Merkur 38C Barbers Pole.
The balance feels great and the shave is very smooth, none of that light head feeling I get from some of the thinner,lighter razors that I have. The weight of the head helps keep everything where it should be, and combined with a nice light touch I got a very nice shave.
I have tried it with Trigg, Tesco and Feather blades and have had very nice shaves from each blade in this razor.

I have a silver stand and bowl, combined with the ebony georgian razor and an ebony handled brush, they just look fantastic in the bathroom.

Some people wont like the thick short handle, others will love it, but I dont think anyone will find any fault with the fantastic quality of this product.

All the best.
London
Recently acquired Jagger Georgian, it's superb. I too thought it short and chubby until I set it next to a new long handle Progress. The Georgian is chubby but it's longer than the long handle Progress. Don't let the apparent shot handle stop you, it's longer than most...better too <smile>
This is a great Razor guy's, the quality is superb. You get a close smooth shave without the aggressiveness of say a Merkur HD or the 38c not that they are bad for me, this is just a lot smoother and much more eye appealing to me. Ease of blade replacement I gave an 8, but if you know its of the three piece design to begin with it should not bother you. The grip is great ,no slippage with the polyester material that it's made with, and I have large hands so the length and shape is fine for me. Almost forgot, I got it from the English shaving company they are a great outfit to deal with.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
4.00 star(s)
I like the AJ Georgian a lot. I do find that the balance is much more top heavy but it's easy to get used to. I bought from the English Shave Company. It was on sale recently and I think for the price it was a great buy. I recommend it.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
4.00 star(s)
I purchased my Georgian DE in faux ivory on sale recently from The English Shave Company. I love it!

It is a little odd looking at first and takes a little getting used to - it requires a different grip. Once you get used to it - after 1 or 2 shaves - it is superb. It's a fairly heavy razor (about 3 ounces I think) with an uneven weight distribution - much of the weight is push down into the bulbous handle. This creates an off balance - more of the weight is in your hand than at the head. For that reason (or maybe something else that I havent picked up on) I am getting a closer shave with it than my other more "standard" shaped razors. Whatever the reason for the close shaves, I now use my Georgian almost exclusively.

I also have the Georgian brush in "Best" - also excellent!:thumbup:
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
3.00 star(s)
As I like to warm my razors together with the brush in hot water before use, I find razors with metallic handles difficult when their handles get too hot as well.
Therefore I prefere razors with non-metallic handles.
The EJ Georgian has become one of favorites, because it at the same time gives me a good grip with a fine balance.
The perfect shave is only depending upon the right blade.
And I like the old fashioned look in the bathroom.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)