What's new

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth - Synthetic Head

This is my go to shaving brush; I wanted a synthetic brush, and this really fits the bill. Overall, the quality is excellent, and I've experienced zero hair loss over 11 months of use -I've only used another brush a handful of times over this time.

I love how soft the brush feels to me, and for me it lathers excellently both in the bowl and on the face. The handle fits my hand perfectly and lets me swish the brush effortlessly producing good lather. It never fails to satisfy!

Criticisms? Well, I think I would have preferred a slightly larger head (that would have made it perfect!). It also sheds water quickly, a function of the synthetic fibres I would think. Also a huge personal like for me is the softness of the brush -I recognize that other people may wish to have stiffer hairs.

A great brush and recommended for those who are looking for a synthetic -another quality product from Edwin Jagger.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Edwin Jagger offer most of their brushes with synthetic heads. Here's the Chatsworth offering:

This brush is the best performing synthetic I own. It's on a par with the Men-U brush but it has a couple of things it does better. The build quality is exceptional and the weight is better.

The brush lathers without effort and quickly produced mountains of rich lather. The bristles are stiff enough to make excellent lather from soap but the tips are soft enough to not feel pokey on the face.

It's not cheap at $75 but it's worth the money as I can't find fault with this brush. The packaging is nice and adds to the feel of quality when you receive the brush.

It proudly displays it's synthetic origin on the handle.

It is worth noting that this brush does not have the same head as the Men-U brush (stated as made in Italy) - the bristles for the Edwin Jagger are lighter in colour and stated as made in England. I believe the same head can be found in Meuhle synthetic custom brushes and those made for the Gentleman's Shop.

PS, I must qualify this review by stating that I am a 100% synthetic brush user and I have never used Badger or other animal hair.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)