What's new

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley

Item Description

This razor is a excellent blend of classic beauty and well thought out balance and performance.
It is a three piece type similar to the vintage Gillette "New" and Tech or the Merkur Classic. In my opinion, the new Muhle head that is furnished with this razor, is as good as any head of this type ever made and better than most.
In the past I have found that the three piece design needed a little "wiggle and tighten" to get the blade even and consistantly presented. The Muhle head on this razor seems to help the blade "find it's on spot" pretty consistantly.
As for the blade, so far I have only used the Gillette 7:00 Sharp Edge (yellow pack). The shave, with a nice slippery lather of Tabac, was very close yet smooth and comfortable. This combination of blade and soap worked so well that I will probably just stick with it for a while.
My other razors:
Merkur Futur- was my favorite, now bumped to #2 spot.
Merkur 38C
MerKur 39C
Merkur HD
Gillette TV SuperSpeed
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette ball end Tech.
The Chatsworth Barley is an expensive razor, but it may save me money in the long run.
I believe it has cured my RAD!!

Latest reviews

I am thinking of buying this razor. I currently have a Merkur Vision. Would you have insight on how the shaving experience may be different with this razor--more agressive, less aggressive? Thanks.
This razor is a excellent blend of classic beauty and well thought out balance and performance.
It is a three piece type similar to the vintage Gillette "New" and Tech or the Merkur Classic. In my opinion, the new Muhle head that is furnished with this razor, is as good as any head of this type ever made and better than most.
In the past I have found that the three piece design needed a little "wiggle and tighten" to get the blade even and consistantly presented. The Muhle head on this razor seems to help the blade "find it's on spot" pretty consistantly.
As for the blade, so far I have only used the Gillette 7:00 Sharp Edge (yellow pack). The shave, with a nice slippery lather of Tabac, was very close yet smooth and comfortable. This combination of blade and soap worked so well that I will probably just stick with it for a while.
My other razors:
Merkur Futur- was my favorite, now bumped to #2 spot.
Merkur 38C
MerKur 39C
Merkur HD
Gillette TV SuperSpeed
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette ball end Tech.
The Chatsworth Barley is an expensive razor, but it may save me money in the long run.
I believe it has cured my RAD!!
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly