What's new

Edwin Jagger Boar Bristle Shave Brush

My first brush. I was really excited to get this brush, after all the photo is a beaut. I received it not long ago from Best Grooming Tools and have put it through a few test runs and want to give an honest review. Now, being that it is my first, my ratings are just a reflection of my impressions, as opposed to comparisons to other products. Firstly, the brush is not quite as pretty as the picture. The "ivory" is clearly a cheap plastic of some kind, though that was to be expected. The bristles are not very soft or pleasant, but again that was to be expected for the price and bristle type (also it is still fairly new so it may soften up). My biggest gripe is that the gold lining in the picture was a black piece of rubber. Not what a wanted. The positive sides to this brush are that it lathers like a champ with my Omega shave soap. It would look really nice to anyone not too familiar with higher end brushes I should think, and it also gets the job done by a quality brand for under $15US. My first pick would have been a Tweezerman badger hair brush for $13, but shipping put it closer to $20, and the EJ looks better even with the cheap materials. I'm glad I bought it overall, though in the future I may have to con somebody into getting me a badger hair brush for Xmas or something.
proxy.php
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips