What's new

Edward & Jagger Imitation synthetic badger travel shaving brush

I have compared this brush to 13 others at <http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1991663#post1991663>
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
I have this brush as well and my experience is very different. A possible reason is that I don't face-lather with this brush. I have always used a scuttle, bowl or cup to make lather with this brush. Using a scuttle you very quickly and easily get a great lather. I think the bristles may be a bit too soft and flexible for face lathering.

Another possibility is that the bristles in your brush may not be the "new" synthetic fill. See this thread for more info.
D
I've bought the Edward & Jagger Imitation ebony synthetic badger travel shaving brush & tube online at The English Shaving company in february of this year and used the brush three weeks now while I was on holiday abroad. Every time it strikes me how beautiful this brush is. It really looks very nice, is small together with the cylinder you keep it in. But it strikes me too how hard the hairs stick into my face every morning when they are wet (dry they feel quite soft), how awfull the lather is I build with the brush and how many cuts in my face I can see when I'm finished. Building lather is a huge statement. It more comes to smear the soap around the face while it's always to slick. At home I use a different brush and the same soap and the lather is excellent. For me that's shows how much this piece of equipment sucks in doing what it's meant to do: building lather.

Note: I scored the quality a 7 while all the other items are scored very low. That's because in essence the brush is well built.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)