What's new

Easy Shave Butter

Pros: Smells Great, Softens Beard, Great Shave
Cons: It goes on clear, so it's hard to tell if you passed an area.
The only place i know where you can get this is from Dollar Shave Club. And you have to order razors to get it.
Having said that, the shave butter comes in a 6 oz tube. It has the texture of lotion and goes on clear. (It does not lather at all.)
It contains mostly organic ingredients like "Organic Prickly Pear Cactus", "Black Willow Bark" and "Pacific Sea Algae". But don't be fooled, it smells like an orange grove with a hint of eucalyptus and lavender.
The shave was great. The razor glided over my face without any problems, and it didn't "gunk up" my razor as I thought it would.
Really, the only downsides of this shaving butter is the price and availability. It costs $8 (including S&H) for the 6 ounce tube. That is not a horrible price, but you use a lot more butter on each shave than you would a typical shaving cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very slick, plus it is clear so you can see exactly where you are shaving, which is handy when you keep a goatee or mustache. Great smell, and easy cleanup.
Cons: Only available through Dollar Shave Club.
I was a longtime member of Dollar Shave Club before I switched to DE wet shaving, and i had used a sample of this product when I first joined. I had ordered the full tube right before I switched away from carts, so I decided to see how it performed with my DE versus my usual soap and brush.

I was very impresses with how much it lubricated my face. Using a Micro Touch One with a Derby Extra Blade, my WTG passes were noticeably smoother with no tugging. The product did not clog the blade as I passed, so I was able to make several passes before rinsing.

On my neck, which is a problem area for me, this butter helped me get better passes than I have had before with my usual lather. And seeing the stubble disappear made it easy to keep track of where I had already shaved.

With 3 total passes over each area, I got my closest shave yet with a DE, and there was NO redness, irritation, or weepers. I also was able to go ATG for the first time, which impressed me very much.

Since this product is only available through Dollar Shave Club, I would have to rejoin when I want to order more, so an $8 product will end up costing me the extra $3 for the blades.

Overall this is a great product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Can see where you are shaving. It's great if you have a beard so you can trim it properly.
Cons: Just pushes the cut whiskers around. It doesn't collect it so you wash it off when you rinse your razor. Doesn't soften the beard or provide as much glide as a good lathering shave soap.
I used this for a few years. Just convenient to get it through DSC and delivered to wherever you are. Not a bad service, but I wish they would have offered DE razors.

I wasn't fond of the smell, but it was better than canned foam/gel. Like I said above, it's great if you have a beard, mustache, goatee, sideburns, or any facial hair at all. You can see your lines visibly and more clearly.

The cut whiskers always seemed to form lines on my face where I had stopped the razor stroke. The Butter never really stuck to the lather catcher of the razor. It was like bulldozing whiskers in nice neat lines on my face. If you do more than one pass you will use quite a bit of product. It isn't priced badly, but you'll go through it quickly if you DE shave.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)