What's new

E. Marinella

E. Marinella is a staple of men's luxury. In neck ties that is. It is very respectable and hand makes each tie, never mass produced. So this company branched out into other luxury items such as shaving soaps. I found this at a very upscale cigar shop just outside of Naples. It had a great fragrance and I was looking for something nicer than the Proraso and P.O. that I had been using. I ended up paying about $30 for it but couldn't wait to give my first luxury soap a shot.

It actually took me awhile to get the lather right with this one. At first I was VERY disappointed. It was either too dry or it was too wet and evaporated on me. After about 7 or 8 lathers I finally got it right. (Only face lathering worked with this, and I tried badger and boar)

It works better than most. Good cushion, fairly slick, and great light scent which is a mix of floral and citrus, but does not stick around too long. Which I personally like. As far as moisturising goes it didn't do much for me.

Overall its a great soap to have in the arsenal, but I would not recommend it only due to the price. There are FAR better for the 24Euro that I paid. Although, if you want something that is not well known or easily acquired then you should give it a shot!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)